Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those fish are SIC!!

Nick James

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the setup! Will be following along. Bellus Angels are atop my wish list for my upcoming 220 build.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys :) Yea, I love the Bellus. I think it is not as popular as it should be! I am buying a local reefer's Purple, Yellow, and Desjardini Tang also. They will be ready to pickup in 2 weeks. Not really sure what to do with those 3 just yet.

In other great news, all 7 fish in QT love pellet food. Makes life a lot easier.

Reworked the rock last night with my wife telling me what she liked. It came out a lot better I think, but don't tell her I said that. Will get the sand in and snap a pic. Going to get some salt and start filling it up!

Nick James

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You throw the word beautiful in front of wife and they forgive you for most things that may come after.... ;)

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, its time to take a deep breath, and fill this tank up :D
IMG_3213.JPG

Here is a shot of the rock setup with the sand, and one with the lights on.
IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

Now I just have to buy some salt and cycle this thing.

Have a local reefer getting ready to pull the tank down, so I am grabbing a large purple tang, yellow tang, desjardini sailfin, and possibly a nice blonde naso with streamers. Just gotta figure out where to put them for a few weeks while the tank gets going...

New fish are still doing great and eating like pigs. I noticed a few raised scales on an angel. Treatments start tomorrow in the QT after a nice water change.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, its time to take a deep breath, and fill this tank up :D
IMG_3213.JPG

Here is a shot of the rock setup with the sand, and one with the lights on.
IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

Now I just have to buy some salt and cycle this thing.

Have a local reefer getting ready to pull the tank down, so I am grabbing a large purple tang, yellow tang, desjardini sailfin, and possibly a nice blonde naso with streamers. Just gotta figure out where to put them for a few weeks while the tank gets going...

New fish are still doing great and eating like pigs. I noticed a few raised scales on an angel. Treatments start tomorrow in the QT after a nice water change.

Nice! How did the fill up go?

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is 2/3 full. I only have a 75g per day membrane :p Going to order the upgrade kit from BRS today. It is taking...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long has it be filling?

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Days :p I just got a little impatient today and used my saltwater drum to finish filling it. I plugged it in to check for leaks, and only needed to tighten 1 bulk head :) Now I need to start programming all of these darn outlets.

Nick James

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas on eliminating the light creeping between the doors above the tank? A strip of felt maybe affixed to the back of one door in each pair that would overlap in the back?

Bmartinez76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas on eliminating the light creeping between the doors above the tank? A strip of felt maybe affixed to the back of one door in each pair that would overlap in the back?

I think that is a sound Idea or even better a reflector of some sort to push the light back in the tank...

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wife and I were just discussing this. I will likely go with something to overlap from the inside or will put a kerf in the doors and install felt.

Programmed the leak detection and did a power outage test before bed. All ok to sleep :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following! Can't wait to see this thing fill up!

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you hate on Sandlot, it would be hard to like you o_O

Got the live rock cryptic sort of refugium tank filled and online tonight. Ran out of salt and no one in Columbus stocks ESV. So waiting on that now. I think I might try adding bacteria and pure ammonia. I have never run this route but I want a solid cycle. As soon as it is done, I can plumb the 120 in to the system and get rid of the temp sump. It is sitting where my trash cans for auto water change salt water and top off water go. The fish room is a complete mess. Putting all of the devices online and running the wires is not fun. Programming a million items on the apex also. Looking forward to more colorful updates in the near future.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I added pure ammonia on Saturday. Got it up to 4ppm. Added Dr. Tim's One and Only yesterday and will continue with to Prodibio just as some added bacteria. Going to let it get back to 0 and run some other tests. If all looks good, I will steal some clean up from my 120g and a few live rocks to pass along that wonder stuff to the new tank. All of the fish in QT are still healthy and eating well. Trying to get ready for tangs that are coming to me this coming weekend!

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must have added too much ammonia :( Still reading high after a week. No trace of nitrites yet. That is what I get for trying something new!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah, finally a sign that the cycle is working. Nitrites kicked up today and ammonia levels down 40%!
IMG_3303.JPG
Grow those bacteria!! :D

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back