OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say, I liked the controllable aspect of the pure ammonia/Dr Tims combo, but can also see that you could easily put way too much ammonia in to the system.

Will add some ammonia later this week and see if it gets consumed overnight. Might have a little clownfish to add to the display this weekend!

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, ammonia readings are at 0. Nitrates are off the charts. Going to add some more ammonia today and see if we can get it to zero out again over night.

Also received something fun in the mail yesterday for the 120g...I may have gotten in some trouble with it :)
IMG_3429.JPG

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Measures 0 again this morning :) Looks like everything is in line for fish. Going to add some liverock from the 120g today to spread some of the happiness from that and will probably put the clownfish in later this week. Need to do a large water change now to drop nitrates to an acceptable level. They are measuring 50+ppm.

All of the fish in QT are still eating well and healthy. Looks like my tangs will be ready for pickup next Sunday. Debating on medicating the fish in QT any further. They are all healthy and show no signs of afflictions.

Will probably move the wrasse upstairs as soon as the screen top if finished. Grabbed up one of Artfully Acrylic's custom tops.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I found one of the wrasse floating around the bottom of the tank today. Not really sure what caused his death, but he was eating and swimming well with no noticeable problems yesterday morning. The only thing I can see on her now is redness/blood behind the eye. None of the other fish have any redness there. Wondering if this could be an injury or possibly he got beat up? Frustrating to say the least.
IMG_3452.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for the loss.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my new acclimation box is bigger than my first tank :p Thanks GEO for putting it together for me :)
IMG_3453.JPG

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the fish are out of QT and in the display. All doing very well. This also meant it was time to put something back in QT and I may have got myself into more trouble :) Hard to believe, I know. Starting to get some yummy stuff from the skimmer also.
IMG_3479.JPG

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the acclimation box! glad to see the tank moving along

Thanks :) I am getting plenty of browns and greens on the rocks now. Just added the clean up crew. Few water changes today and we keep on waiting. Hopefully some pretty coral photos in the not so distant future.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tied the 120g into the 210g system today. So happy to only need to maintain 1 system again. Lots of funky colors on the rocks now. Diatoms mostly cleared up. Skimmer is pulling out some nasty stuff ;)
IMG_3566.JPG

Regal and 2 yellows in QT still. Doing well. Regal is so picky. Just live black worms and clams on the half shell at the moment. Looks like he will go for pellet and then lets it float by. This could be a fun one!

Really a struggle to see so much pretty coral for sale and not buy some :) Just want to be 100% happy with stability prior to any corals going in. Cleaning up the sump room so I can get a nice update photo with everything in there being mostly complete now.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has been a while since a post because bringing in the new year is always crazy for me. Hope everyone had a great holiday season and has started the year off right.

I just returned from Orlando from the International Builders show and my hotel was only a 5 minute ride from lots of trouble :)

IMG_3651.JPG

20170112_123510.jpg

20170112_123354.jpg

And I may have spent some cash! I grabbed up a WWC Space Jam, WWC Snow Dragon, and JF Fender Bender frag while inside.

This place is the real deal. Honestly, I was always sure it was photoshopped until I was there in person. Had some awesome assistance in choosing a few that I could afford :) The tanks in the front are inspiring to say the least and it makes me feel like I have never really had a good looking tank!

Thanks again @WWC ! Corals arrived the next day looking great.
CBCC31AB-3712-453C-A1C2-887D04F25C54.JPG

7959098B-8175-4B84-913A-B25A57AE4F0E.JPG

82E3D162-09B6-4048-8D3D-C21CCA220252.JPG

Sorry for the blue photos. Some day when things start growing I will learn how to get a better color photo posted :)

hpimichael02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great, man of our had that opportunity to build what ever tank, 108x36x24....dreams lol

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This video is just a little funny to me. New tank stuff clearing up, water looks nice and clear, fish are all happy and eating.

She is wearing a basket for a hat and her apron, carrying a wooden spoon. We were pretending to cook. She is quite entertaining to say the least.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the frag rack is loaded up. Been considering changing the rock around. I like most of it, but thinking about adding some. Also have several new fish in the QT. Juvenile Emp Angel, Blonde Naso Tang, Tank Raised Hippo Tang, and one more Yellow Tang.

Quick shot of the frag rack:
IMG_3757.JPG

From left to right, front first then back...
WWC Snow Dragon
JF Tierra Del Fuego
CC Confetti Tenuis
WWC Space Jam Stylo
JF Fender Bender
Random Purple No Name from a local vendor
Random Echinata No Name from a local vendor
Random Orange Polyp Monti No Name from a local vendor
Photo Bombed by Redspot Cardinal
RR The Vinh
Blue/Green Tort from local reefer
Green Stag from local reefer

Went last night and grabbed a few more in trade for a light I wasnt using so I also have added ORA Pearlberry, ORA Hawkins, Copps Blue Hoeki, Tyree Red Dragon, and ATL Strawberry Fields. Thanks @hollback :)

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also ordered an Olympus TG-1. Going to try to get some better photos, but no way I could justify the DSLR style camera.

Back