xr15 intensity over shallow reef

gotmesalty77

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
758
Reaction score
799
Location
Orlando, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got deep blue 80g rimless and i only have lps and softies. Ive got 3 gen 4 xr15s over it. Im running the coral lab lps schedule. Ive got the intensity only set to 35%. The lights are on rms mounts and being that they are only 9 inchs off the water im scared to increase the intensity. Does anyone have any recommendations or input on this? I greatly appreciate it.
 
If you want to raise the intensity, I would only do 5% at a time. That way you wont shock any coral. I would wait two weeks and do another 5% if everything is looking good.
 
If you want to raise the intensity, I would only do 5% at a time. That way you wont shock any coral. I would wait two weeks and do another 5% if everything is looking good.
If you want to raise the intensity, I would only do 5% at a time. That way you wont shock any coral. I would wait two weeks and do another 5% if everything is looking good.
I guess im not sure if I need to or if I don't. Colors seem a bit dull but that could be because my nutrients are high while I nurse a wilsoni back to health and color.
 
Po⁴ is at .22 and No³ is 10 to 15 ppm. I drove the po⁴ up on purpose. Someone collected a cold water wilsoni and tossed it into a tropical tank. One of the biggest wilsoni collectors in western Australia told me to raise it as much as I could due to needing similar to collection location. It's literally started turning around completely, along with lowering tank temp to 76. I don't know why I felt the need to explain lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new