YellowHead Jawfish

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a yellowhead Jawfish the other day and it acclimated put in the tank and haven't seen it since. I have had them before and never had issues with them showing themselves. This is day 4 and no signs of him.

I have checked the tank over even moved some stuff around looking and nothing. I checked all around the tank and didn't find a dried up body, not in the overflow or sump.....The only other thing is the cat ate him after he jumped but doubt that.....What is the chance that he is still hiding? Or did the clean up crew do their job and that is way I don't see a body......

I have checked and looked for him since the first night and have not seen him.....What is the longest anyone has had them hide on them? I really want one but don't want toget another one till I know for sure this one has disappeared in to the ethos.

I have some spots for him to dig a hole and even have one spot with a PVC tube and have not seen him at all in any of the spots I am at a loss.....

damac20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He might still be in there I had one that made his home on the backside of the tank. The only time I saw him was when I fed the tank he would pop out every now and then.

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same thing happened to me with a different fish... found him dried up under the couch when I cleaned my carpets... they can jump around for a while after being out of the water and could potentially get pretty far

125tank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my bluespot jumped into the overflow and ended up in the filter sock twice already... so if you have a sump, check it out..

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found him today was watching TV and kinda looking at my tank. Out of the corner of my eye I see a white movement in the back corner for just a sec. Well it turns out it was the Jawfish, I only have sand in half the tank the other half is egg create so I can blow detritus up and off the bottom....Not the type of setting I would think a jawfish would like.

It's under a rock, I figured it would rather have sand and be more out front mabe even find my tube I fixed up. Maybe once it settles it will move. I hope so anyway other wise it was a waste of $25 a fish I won't see. I wanted toget 2 that day but settled on one. Maybe I will get another on let it go by the PVC tube in hopes it finds it to it's liking this way we can enjoy it...Silly fish.

nayrgaijin

Aquaculture Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you found him man!
I made a pvc home for mine with the shell as an entrance, but he died a week after I got him :(

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back