Yellowtail Tamarin Wrasse

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience in the care of a yellowtail Tamarin Wrasse? Are they hard to keep alive?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are on thesame level of difficulty as leopard wrasses, but they get larger than leopards. They do well in an established reef with plenty of pods and peaceful tankmates.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics of a juvi...I started mine with live Tiger pods and brine and gradually it started to accept larger foods liked chopped mysis etc...it should have a sandbed to help it feel secure and a place to sleep with a tight fitting cover. Mine grew to about 6-7" before I lost it. It jumped knocking off an acyrlic cover.

Paulooliveira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeferdude56 nothing special .. i buy them and on the first 2/3 days only eat mysis and brine shrimp , after this 3 days starts to eat everything , flakes all ... tomorrow i try to do a movie , he eat like a lion , i got lucky with this one ...
i feed them like i feed all my fishes 2 or 3 times but only at the end of the day ...

Best Regards

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeferdude56 nothing special .. i buy them and on the first 2/3 days only eat mysis and brine shrimp , after this 3 days starts to eat everything , flakes all ... tomorrow i try to do a movie , he eat like a lion , i got lucky with this one ...
i feed them like i feed all my fishes 2 or 3 times but only at the end of the day ...

Best Regards
When you say this do you mean yours was already eating frozen brine and mysis or yours was eating live and then you got them to eat flakes and frozens?

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have a mandarin, do you think that having a both in a tank would be a problem because they would compete for pods? my tank is 180 gallons. I try to feed twice a day but usually i only get one in before the lights go out.

Paulooliveira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mandarim too , and dont see problems to have the 2 ... the yellow tail mine is not like too much pods ... he prefer frozen and flake food ..

Lemoncovereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all ...

i have one at almost 6 months and nothing to report, eat all , sleep on rocks because i have bare bottom , is a nice and funny fish ...

Best Regards
Ehh these are some nice photos I want to get one, but I have a bare bottom too and I was thinking that they wouldn't like it with no sand. glad to hear you're having success with him!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back