Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please correct me if I am wrong but do you think that only zeovit sell zeolite??? Because if so then its not true. AF also sell zeolite. A lot of people think that zeovit only sells zeolite but thats not true. Zeolite are microporous aluminosilicate minerals used as adsorbent and catalyst. It has nothing to do with zeovit.

My only use these days for Zeolites from any source is to simply use to help keep my sons room from smelling like pre-teen boy, they tend to have a butt, pee, and armpit smell rolled into one, I place in bowl under his night stand. It does wonders at removing odors :)

OP
OP
Peng

Peng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want pastel, try the use of Zeospur by Zeovit, careful, do not exceed recommendations at all. It is quite powerful stuff, but the addition of Copper Sulfate is what is likely the main ingredient, and is in some of the AF lineup as well. If you change your lighting to more white, that will also help, not many people are happy these days seeing this color scheme, but 10k was the standard moons ago, lol... If you use t5, simply pull out a couple of blue bulbs and put in place a couple of ABS or KZ Coral Life bulbs. In fact, I would try this first, then go to Zeospur, again, use with caution.

It's interesting that you brought this up because I've heard that some Australian exporters use elements like Cu, Zn, and Mn to enhance the colors.

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting that you brought this up because I've heard that some Australian exporters use elements like Cu, Zn, and Mn to enhance the colors.

Copper thins the tissue of the corals, this is why Zeospur is something to use with caution(anecdotally speaking). But yes, not only the Aussies, I have used Salifert Hard Trace since 2007, it is mainly comprised of heavy metals as well as other trace minerals.

OP
OP
Peng

Peng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, great then let me ask you a question. Did you actually face any issue when you were trying the other commercially available ones? KZ says that its not advisable to use other brand zeolite with their mineral supplementation system as because of the possible difference in adsorption between different brand zeolite they can cause a disbalance in the system.
I can't answer that because I never ran a Zeovit system and the purpose of my previous using of zeolites was just to reduce ammonia spike in a very short period of time.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My only use these days for Zeolites from any source is to simply use to help keep my sons room from smelling like pre-teen boy, they tend to have a butt, pee, and armpit smell rolled into one, I place in bowl under his night stand. It does wonders at removing odors :)
Also for cat poo..

OP
OP
Peng

Peng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have great results with Zeospur2 and Zeospur macroelements (heavy metals). It's interesting that although most consider these elements as harmful, Triton results suggested that I should add Vanadium lol because the most salts do not contain V so I had zero vanandium.

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've have great results with Zeospur2 and Zeospur macroelements (heavy metals). It's interesting that although most consider these elements as harmful, Triton results suggested that I should add Vanadium lol because the most salts do not contain V so I had zero vanandium.

Yes, I find this accurate and true, but if your tank has never been really exposed to certain heavy metals, then you dose, this could lead to the issue. I know some hobbyists who use Zeospur2 as a dip for corals that are brown ;)

Jcarvallo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Aquaforest tank.
Nitrates about 1.5 yo 2

20170724_202413.jpg

20170723_153155.jpg

20170724_202430.jpg

I can not be more Happy with AF.

Easy, its like a plug and play system.

Last edited:

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup our new 400G+ build based around the Zeovit system and must say I haven't even disappointed, everything seems to be responding very well (SPS, LPS, and Softies). Of course this is all anecdotal and I've never tried AF to give you a comparison. That said, there is a track record of proven success with Zeo if maintained properly so I personally put more weight on long term results vs. whatever the latest/greatest thing is.

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run a Zeo/Aqua system in my tank however I don't do ULNS since I like my corals darker. My nutrient is high No3 10ppm and po4 is 0.15.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The real difference is Zeovit uses a medium to grow bacteria on and AF doesn't.
Zeovit is a little more hands on where AF isn't.

With zeovit corals really are not starving when they get lighter. In zeovit you shake the zeolites to release bacteria and they feed the coral or are removed by the skimmer. Since the corals are fed they no longer have much need for as much zooxanthellea which are brown.

Both are good systems.

denise pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's talk about the two systems designed to achieve ultra low nutrient conditions. I'm currently planning to decrease my NO3 (1.5ppm) a little further to get more pastel (intermediate level, not too pastel) looking colors on my acros. However I like to minimize the number of things I need to change and add. Currently considering either KZ or AF. However despite using their color enhancers I have no experience in using zeolite and do not know if in long term KZ is a simpler / more stable solution. With AF recommending using zeolites, carbon, phosphate minus - 3 types of media I'm a little turned away by this since I only need zeolites for KZ system. What are your thoughts and opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Zeovit dead to complicated I’m use before zeovit for 1 yrs I don’t see what in the pic say zeovit do in coral lieeeeeeee

Zeovit first don’t come with expiration day
Second we’re its the base of studios of zeovit

Aquaforest the best millones and studio for research what is the best for all coral

2018 it’s no only me evrybody say the same

Facebook group of aquaforest you see post of result evry day from different tank all over the world

The best it’s aquaforest don’t gate twist

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see zeolites being NEEDED in either system to answer the op before I even read the thread. As long as you can keep nutrients low and have a place where bacteria can grow. This is all its being used for. I just use a tank full of live rock and low flow through it to dose the carbon into.

dwhanc00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to bring this one to the top to see if I can get some help.

I am also a user of AF products, looking to expand. Started the tank with the sand and Pro Bio products. I currently use the Reef Salt, component 1, 2, 3, element dosing at 150ml/day each (if needed of CA, ALK, Borium, strontium, etc), bio mud, etc. Probably missing a few things. My tank is running with very high nutrients.
Phosphate 0.4
Nitrates 40
ALK 8.1; Cal 450; Mag 1377
PH 8.41
Temp 78.4
Sal. 1.026
Lights are the neptune LED, two over a 140 gallon tank, ~40 gallon sump with macro algae and rocks. Octopus 200 skimmer and a roller mat. Four MP40's on sides of the tank running around 60% and two gyros on back running around 60%.
My tank is almost a year old and the SPS are growing, however quite slow for my taste. Colors are good, but I am getting more darker greens and lime greens as they grow and transition. My pinks are also on the darker side, reds show good color. The only issues I have had are some of my torches have gotten infections when splitting and I have lost them. Also lost a few smaller gonis but the rest of them are doing well. So as you can tell, I have a mixed reef.
I am considering the Zeomix, carbon, phospate minus mix along with the bacteria dosing. Can I get some recommendations or suggestions on a good starter pack? Starting from scratch with no reactor.
Thanks!

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to bring this one to the top to see if I can get some help.

I am also a user of AF products, looking to expand. Started the tank with the sand and Pro Bio products. I currently use the Reef Salt, component 1, 2, 3, element dosing at 150ml/day each (if needed of CA, ALK, Borium, strontium, etc), bio mud, etc. Probably missing a few things. My tank is running with very high nutrients.
Phosphate 0.4
Nitrates 40
ALK 8.1; Cal 450; Mag 1377
PH 8.41
Temp 78.4
Sal. 1.026
Lights are the neptune LED, two over a 140 gallon tank, ~40 gallon sump with macro algae and rocks. Octopus 200 skimmer and a roller mat. Four MP40's on sides of the tank running around 60% and two gyros on back running around 60%.
My tank is almost a year old and the SPS are growing, however quite slow for my taste. Colors are good, but I am getting more darker greens and lime greens as they grow and transition. My pinks are also on the darker side, reds show good color. The only issues I have had are some of my torches have gotten infections when splitting and I have lost them. Also lost a few smaller gonis but the rest of them are doing well. So as you can tell, I have a mixed reef.
I am considering the Zeomix, carbon, phospate minus mix along with the bacteria dosing. Can I get some recommendations or suggestions on a good starter pack? Starting from scratch with no reactor.
Thanks!

Start with the carbon passive, 8n a sock fine. The current ratio @ 100/1 is a sweet spot, albeit tad high. You can use the NP Pro as the carbon source, it will equally limit both, in the same 100/1 ratio. The Pro Bio S should also be considered, as they pair up. I use NP Pro, but another company for bacteria. These 2, should most certainly drive the values lower, in time. Start 1/2 dose, slowly build that based on feeding, bioload, and desired set parameters. Test frequently in the beginning, every 24 hours, especially p04, n03 fine weekly. Maybe daily for a week or 2, but the uptake on p04 more important, and n03 should stay relative. The stones, carbon, and phosphate minus stack is for huge bioload, tread carefully.

dwhanc00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your response! I guess that is something I forgot to add... I do dose vinegar, 50ml/day, as a carbon source. I have used the BRS ROX carbon in a filter bag, two of them(generously filled), and still struggled with high numbers. I do have an extremely large bio load with the following fish: Tangs: Powder, purple, freckle face, blue, chocolate (still yellow); 6 anthias, five chalk bass, two striped gobies, yellow gobies, fox face, magnificent fox, and maybe two to three others. So almost 30 fish. I knew I was going to have quite the bio load. I do like to feed heavy as well. My fish are fat and happy.

I ordered the whole system of products yesterday:

000 mL ZEOmix Media - Aquaforest
AF Power Elixir (200 mL) - Aquaforest
5000 mL Phosphate Minus - Aquaforest
5000 mL Carbon - Aquaforest
Fluidized GFO and Carbon Filter Media Reactor - XL - Aquamaxx
50 mL AF Vitality Coral Vitamins - Aquaforest
50 mL AF Energy Growth Acceleration Food - Aquaforest
50 mL AF Build Coral Growth Enhancement - Aquaforest
50 mL Pro Bio S Probiotic Bacteria - Aquaforest
50 mL -NP Pro Liquid Polymer - Aquaforest
Replacement Foam Sponges for FR-SE Filter Media Reactor - Aquamaxx