Zoa burned skirt, how to solve this problem?

fersann

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2022
Messages
24
Reaction score
6
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa burned skirt, how to solve this problem?

Hello reef comunity

I have a problem with a certain frag of zoas.

They do open up during the day but they have really small or not existing skirt.

During the night they have something that looks like cyano.

I thought it was a burn from an amonia spike i had a few months ago, but this is the only frag that haven’t recovered their skirt.

What should i do? Should i Dip in antibiotics? Peroxide? Iodine?

Parameters have been stable for a couple of months:
Nirtate 16
Phosphate 0.03
Alk 8.0-8.20
Mag 1440
Calcium 440

Light:
PAR 90-110


Day:
IMG_8680.jpeg


Night:
IMG_8677.jpeg
 
I havent done anything yet.
 
Shirts are retracted bc they are irritated. Why are they irritated? Could be 1000 different reason. Too much light, too much flow, water chemistry....

They'll either readjust and thrive or slowly decline and melt away.

Research the proper flow and light for zoas here on r2r
 
I will dip them in chemiclean solution, for 20 minutes, mean while i will be blowing the thing that looks like cyano off with a turkey baster
 
After the 3 days of dip

The cyano is gone. (Or what appeared to be cyano)

I think i am seeing an improvement
IMG_8755.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new