zyUW'z AP12 ThreaD

ZooYorkUnderworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WaZZup R2R, I have been on the site for a while and started a thread on my old tank a while back, had a baby, moved and switched tanks in the process. My name is Scott and I blame Club-Zoa/ R2R for sucking me into rare corals, I admit I have a few friends here in hudson valley NY, http://www.hvreef.org/ who also like some rare corals, but not to the magnitude of the people at R2R. As most of us when I started reef keeping I went to the lfs, bought a 37g cube,40watt pc's,rock,sand,heater, a clown and a YELLOW TANG! Yup thats what I did and spent like $1200.00 to do so, well as you know I killed every thing except the rock, used tap water to start the tank, mixed salt water in the tank yadda yadda yadda, Needess to say I was like dang this hobby sucks! Then kinda on my last day out of teh hobby I met this dude at an lfs in the area I hadent been to he said hey man dont listen to the stores go to this site the people are cool! I felt like I was in the movie Stir of echoes when they went to the cemetary. I went to the site and saw corals and was like they look awesome! well since then I have had quite a few tanks moved around NY,became an active member of my local reef club and now have a baby girl -
Olivia Moon )
DSC_0033-1.jpg

She's awesome, and Right now so is my tank!lol, I now have a 4 month old ap12, no skimmer, no carbon, just a phosban reactor fuge pictured here-
DSC_0006-6.jpg

will try to get better pic's of that soon, This tank is so rewarding, its great to start over with a new respect and more knowledge to the hobby(also ticks you off to know what you could have avoided money, life wise in the start)
This tanks live rock is super old I wanna say at least ten years in a tank.
I have a thousand tiny brittle stars in every rock in the tank wich I think is the key to its success, that and understanding plankton.
Here are some pics That I have taken so please commentgood bad ugly I want to know what you all think!

DSC_0002-5.jpg

DSC_0003-5.jpg

DSC_0005-5.jpg

DSC_0012-4.jpg

DSC_0009-4.jpg

DSC_0006-5.jpg

DSC_0024-2.jpg

DSC_0001-8.jpg

enjoy R2R!

Eklikewhoa

Fish Thumper!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank and cute baby!

IMO I would add a bit more LR into the tank and I like your idea of the fuge reactor! with the extra space I would probably put a small bag of Seachem Purigen or the like....just to give some more umph.

OP
OP
Z

ZooYorkUnderworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the back compartments are filled with rubble right now, I am not a fan of lots of rock in a reef.I plan to add more coral and hopefully rocks that they come on. Thanks Eklikewhoa

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome tank and beautiful colors! Your pics look great and that baby is gorgeous! :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back