1-10v control not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Ive opened this as a ticket with GHL, but hopefully you might be able to shed light on what I’m doing wrong.

I have been controlling two Tunze 6040 pumps with my Profilux 4 using illumination channels and it has worked fine.

Today I added two more 6040s as well as two Stream 3s. I set them up the same way (using illumination channels). But none are working as expected.

when set to external control the 6040s are all on full (even one showing actual current of 0.0) and the Stream 3s don’t properly start at all (just slowly turn a bit).

all work fine under their own control.

Cheers, Tony

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post screen shots of how the illumination channels and 0-10V ports are configured?
Sure thing:

BB3A3F15-4CBF-4B81-8FFB-57034A8AE00D.png

3B57A0E8-4B4B-4F01-8CCF-E3C0B249E754.jpeg

I also tried using the stream pump settings. That made the Stream 3 turn on, but at a fairly low rate and it wasn’t varying it’s speed to match the settings.

Tony

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to picture how you have them all set up.

Each pump is set to an illumination channel and each to it's own 0-10V?

Are you using the GHL Tunze cables and which ones to which 0-10V ports?

What you posted above, is it one of the ones not working correctly?

I wonder if you're having this issue with the stream group:

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to picture how you have them all set up.

Each pump is set to an illumination channel and each to it's own 0-10V?

Are you using the GHL Tunze cables and which ones to which 0-10V ports?

What you posted above, is it one of the ones not working correctly?

I wonder if you're having this issue with the stream group:

Hi there,

Yep, there are six pumps, using Tunze 1 and 2 cable connected to GHL y-connections and then into the 1-10v outlets.

In the system I have 6 illumination channels set up to run them (two copying others). In the 1-10v settings I assign the outlets to the channels.

None of them seemed to be working as expected. But I will have to check them one by one to be sure. I know that neither of the Stream 3s are functioning properly, nor are at least two of the 6040s. One of those is one that was in the tank before and working.
Tony

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6040's can run at 20-100% or 0% only and with some controllers there can be some discrepancy on the speeds so I would try 25 or 30% of 20% does not work. For the Stream 3 it is critical to never go below 5%, once off, the pump has a start up sequence to levitate the magnet and this takes several seconds. 5%-100% is th range for this pump and the same issue may apply so try 10% for example as the minimum speed.

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks

I seem to have them working now. I am using 1 as the minimum and 6.5 as the max (per your suggestion in another thread).

The Stream 3s don’t go below 10% so should be fine. I do have a feed pause though. Is the restriction on notturning them off just for wave action, or should they not turn off at all?

Cheers, Tony

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for the wave and mostly just know that if the Stream 3 stops it takes a while to restart, it first has to levitate the rotor.

Back