100 Gallon Stock list - Mixed Reef

B's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100 gallon display tank and 30 gallon sump. Tank has been up for a year now and I really want to add more fish. Looking for some ideas. Here is what I have currently...

Yellow Tang
Pair of Clowns
Pair of Cardinalfish.

Looking to get more activity in the tank, more coloration to mix in. Open to suggestions.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how much of a gamble you’re willing to take with your corals, a dwarf angel would be a good choice for color and movement. A more Reef safe option would be wrasses!!

I also like anthias or chromis if you’d like a schooling fish. They both add good color and are also busy fish. The only thing is, both require a good amount of feeding.

OP
OP
B's Reef

B's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you see, I had a sixline wrasse up until about a week ago. Model citizen until one day he just snapped and started being a bully to EVERY FISH. I was able to trap and remove him. Im just really leery of adding a wrasse lol.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixlines have a real reputation as savage little so-and-sos. A far friendlier option would be a flasher wrasse, or many (Most, but not all! Research individual species you're interested in...) of the fairy wrasses. You might also take a look at leopards or a number of species from the genus Halichoeres, such as the "yellow coris" (not a Coris, but _very_ yellow!), radiant or melanurus.

I've also got to mention the trio of azure damselfish in my tank - tiny darting spots of the most brilliant blue, they constantly bicker and tiff, but only amongst the three of them - and provide the same basic color and intensity as a hippo tang.

~Bruce

OP
OP
B's Reef

B's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the input Bruce! I do like the Melanurus wrasse and yellow coris options! I appreciate it!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flasher wrasses, most fairy wrasses, small Halichoeres species, purple tilefish, a group of zebra dartfish, longnose or flame hawkfish, midas blenny.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put trio of Chalk Basslet and they fun to watch.What about Bellus Angelfish? Should be fine i believe.
Blenny is a MUST!!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back