100 Gallon Stock list - Mixed Reef

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by B's Reef, Dec 8, 2017.

1. B's Reef

B's Reef Member

I have a 100 gallon display tank and 30 gallon sump. Tank has been up for a year now and I really want to add more fish. Looking for some ideas. Here is what I have currently...

Yellow Tang
    Pair of Clowns
    Pair of Cardinalfish.

Looking to get more activity in the tank, more coloration to mix in. Open to suggestions.

2. Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Depending on how much of a gamble you’re willing to take with your corals, a dwarf angel would be a good choice for color and movement. A more Reef safe option would be wrasses!!

I also like anthias or chromis if you’d like a schooling fish. They both add good color and are also busy fish. The only thing is, both require a good amount of feeding.

3. B's Reef

B's Reef Member

Well, you see, I had a sixline wrasse up until about a week ago. Model citizen until one day he just snapped and started being a bully to EVERY FISH. I was able to trap and remove him. Im just really leery of adding a wrasse lol.

4. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Sixlines have a real reputation as savage little so-and-sos. A far friendlier option would be a flasher wrasse, or many (Most, but not all! Research individual species you're interested in...) of the fairy wrasses. You might also take a look at leopards or a number of species from the genus Halichoeres, such as the "yellow coris" (not a Coris, but _very_ yellow!), radiant or melanurus.

I've also got to mention the trio of azure damselfish in my tank - tiny darting spots of the most brilliant blue, they constantly bicker and tiff, but only amongst the three of them - and provide the same basic color and intensity as a hippo tang.

~Bruce

5. B's Reef

B's Reef Member

I appreciate the input Bruce! I do like the Melanurus wrasse and yellow coris options! I appreciate it!

Maritimer likes this.
  6. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

Flasher wrasses, most fairy wrasses, small Halichoeres species, purple tilefish, a group of zebra dartfish, longnose or flame hawkfish, midas blenny.

B's Reef likes this.
  7. jp_75

jp_75 Active Member R2R Supporter

I put trio of Chalk Basslet and they fun to watch.What about Bellus Angelfish? Should be fine i believe.
    Blenny is a MUST!!!!

B's Reef likes this.
  8. B's Reef

B's Reef Member

Anyone else?

9. jp_75

jp_75 Active Member R2R Supporter

maybe group of bartlett anthias?

B's Reef likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted