100 gallons Acros Tank

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks like maybe you're getting better photos in the 100g vs the tight spaces of the 45g. Nice progress with no t5s and all radion gen 4 pros [emoji106]

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The body suppose to be blue right? I haven’t seen the fully color up in person. [emoji848]
But as long as polyps are out, I wouldn’t worry.
yes, it’s suppose to be blue. Mine looks healthy just doesn’t have the color it should yet.

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is so small I totally forgot.
Asd Rainbow mili
493eeaf7a35a374a40a8901e74a4d2e0.jpg

It looks like maybe you're getting better photos in the 100g vs the tight spaces of the 45g. Nice progress with no t5s and all radion gen 4 pros [emoji106]
Oh yeah, so much space to work with. The canopy on my 45 kills my back everytime I photographing.
And the new camera with tilt screen help a lot!

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is so small I totally forgot.
Asd Rainbow mili
493eeaf7a35a374a40a8901e74a4d2e0.jpg

Oh yeah, so much space to work with. The canopy on my 45 kills my back everytime I photographing.
And the new camera with tilt screen help a lot!

fantastic corals. are you using only radion g4 pro? what is your lighting schedule?
do you use balling or calcium reactor?

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fantastic corals. are you using only radion g4 pro? what is your lighting schedule?
do you use balling or calcium reactor?

Yes, only radion g4 pros on this tank. I still think combining with t5s still the best. But for the clean look, can’t beat radions on the rails.[emoji6]
Lighting schedule is AB+ at 65% intensity right now. I started with calcium reactor but now I use 2 parts.
Do you run carbon/gfo?
Yes, I run Carbon, but not GFO.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes, only radion g4 pros on this tank. I still think combining with t5s still the best. But for the clean look, can’t beat radions on the rails.[emoji6]
Lighting schedule is AB+ at 65% intensity right now. I started with calcium reactor but now I use 2 parts.

When you run carbon, is it in a reactor or just in a bad in the sump? why do you run it?

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding your new light setup, I had the same thought-process...Living room and clean look so went with the overpriced RMS hanging kit x 2 gen 4 radions ;Yuck. After few months I realized I was not happy with the growth form and lighting form of some sps frags. I have 2 radions going back and forth on 42" long tank and still find the shadowing a problem even though the PAR is evenly spread. I am almost convince the trick with SPS is not PAR but getting the most light angles to specific SPS per day. My PAR is 200-300 on my SPS but angling the par meter on the side it drops to close to 0. Sure corals such as tabling, and plating will grow just fine since they have evolved to only take light from above but the bushy and branching corals either turn pale where they would be growing or start growing into a different form.

Based on your 45 gallon and various lighting angles you ran on it I feel this was a major factor you where able too grow such colorful and FAT corals ;Shamefullyembarrased.Maybe since you do have 3 Gen4 Pros you may be alright but I feel you will be able to identify this is fairly quickly since you have 2 tanks to compare.. Look forward to your observation but IMO I feel your gonna end up finding a way to add some new angles to your clean RMS look:)

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

how far are radions from the water's surface? according to you for a reef 100 cm long 3XR15 g4 pro + 2/4 t5 are enough to breed sps?

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding your new light setup, I had the same thought-process...Living room and clean look so went with the overpriced RMS hanging kit x 2 gen 4 radions ;Yuck. After few months I realized I was not happy with the growth form and lighting form of some sps frags. I have 2 radions going back and forth on 42" long tank and still find the shadowing a problem even though the PAR is evenly spread. I am almost convince the trick with SPS is not PAR but getting the most light angles to specific SPS per day. My PAR is 200-300 on my SPS but angling the par meter on the side it drops to close to 0. Sure corals such as tabling, and plating will grow just fine since they have evolved to only take light from above but the bushy and branching corals either turn pale where they would be growing or start growing into a different form.

Based on your 45 gallon and various lighting angles you ran on it I feel this was a major factor you where able too grow such colorful and FAT corals ;Shamefullyembarrased.Maybe since you do have 3 Gen4 Pros you may be alright but I feel you will be able to identify this is fairly quickly since you have 2 tanks to compare.. Look forward to your observation but IMO I feel your gonna end up finding a way to add some new angles to your clean RMS look:)

I understand the frustration. It's exactly what happened on my 45 before I added the t5s. When they become mini colonies, they started shading themselves, and the others. One big problem with Radions is you will need more than you think enough. The coverage in their advertising is a joke. If you want to grow some serious sps, don't rely on their numbers, just go with as much as you can put above the tank! I have a xr15 pro on my 5 gallons frag tank, and I feel it just enough to hold them as frags, nowhere near "growing sps". I have another xr15 pro in my ... 2.5 gallons grow out tank and it JUST enough to grow my mini colonies. So in your tank, I think you should have 3 instead of 2 radions.
But like you said, this system is a great opportunity for me to test out those G4s pro. They are said to be as good coverage as t5s.

how far are radions from the water's surface? according to you for a reef 100 cm long 3XR15 g4 pro + 2/4 t5 are enough to breed sps?
My lights are About 12" above the water. Enough or not enough also depend on your sps placement (middle only or spread to the sides too, high or low), how deep is your tank....
In my experience, I succeed with 2 g3 pro and 4t5s on my 38 inch long, sps grow from side to side, from bottom glass to the overflow box.
Again, put as much as light as you can. You can always dial down the intensity.

Last edited:

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the frustration. It's exactly what happened on my 45 before I added the t5s. When they become mini colonies, they started shading themselves, and the others. One big problem with Radions is you will need more than you think enough. The coverage in their advertising is a joke. If you want to grow some serious sps, don't rely on their numbers, just go with as much as you can put above the tank! I have a xr15 pro on my 5 gallons frag tank, and I feel it just enough to hold them as frags, nowhere near "growing sps". I have another xr15 pro in my ... 2.5 gallons grow out tank and it JUST enough to grow my mini colonies. So in your tank, I think you should have 3 instead of 2 radions.
But like you said, this system is a great opportunity for me to test out those G4s pro. They are said to be as good coverage as t5s.

My lights are About 12" above the water. Enough or not enough also depend on your sps placement (middle only or spread to the sides too, high or low), the deep of your tank....
In my experience, I succeed with 2 g3 pro and 4t5s on my 38 inch long, sps grow from side to side, from bottom glass to the overflow box.
Again, put as much as light as you can. You can always dial down the intensity.

thank you so much. so I can start with three xr 15 and evaluate?

Dvara78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. V...which doser to do use and when you say you dose 120ml - is that total (60ml part 1 and 60ml part 2) or 120ml of each?

Do you dose Magnesium or just CA and ALK?

Awesome corals and growth

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider a new system, I cannot happier with the growth:
3 months[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]
10/28
a312d0ff133a4700cc28708e4cc72da6.jpg

01/26

de8921459bc2b5d5dc2401072baa4635.jpg

Mr. V...which doser to do use and when you say you dose 120ml - is that total (60ml part 1 and 60ml part 2) or 120ml of each?

Do you dose Magnesium or just CA and ALK?

Awesome corals and growth

In this system, I am dosing 12 mil each component not 120 mil! I use apex DOS.
I am not dosing Mag.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's insane growth in just 3 months. Keep up the awesome work man
So insane that I'm scratching my head over here trying to figure out, how? The tank is so new and with dry rock, I've never seen growth like that so early. Esv secret sauce!

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back