thunderwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off please let me know if this is posted in the wrong place, as it is my first thread on this site. *Coming from freshwater*

I have a 14 gallon cube currently with a pair of young percula clownfish (one is probably 2 inches or so and the other might be 1.5ish), as well as several hermit crabs and snails, with an emerald crab. The tank has been up for 6-8 weeks at this point, (clowns in for around a month), and the water is perfect. I will soon be setting up a 1 gallon hob refigium for it with the algae barn small clean chateo kit. It has a powerful light on it currently with a mini sump. It's basically just a hang on back but it pumps down to the bottom then back up through different media and waterfalls back in I believe it is a aquaclear 20. Live sand substrate and live rock (wet). Later on I plan on adding corals to this tank, so all of the marine life added has to be reef safe. I'm looking to add one or two more bright fish, thinking possibly a six line wrasse and or a pygmy angelfish. Would these be a good idea? Bad idea? Any better suggestions? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off please let me know if this is posted in the wrong place, as it is my first thread on this site. *Coming from freshwater*

I have a 14 gallon cube currently with a pair of young percula clownfish (one is probably 2 inches or so and the other might be 1.5ish), as well as several hermit crabs and snails, with an emerald crab. The tank has been up for 6-8 weeks at this point, (clowns in for around a month), and the water is perfect. I will soon be setting up a 1 gallon hob refigium for it with the algae barn small clean chateo kit. It has a powerful light on it currently with a mini sump. It's basically just a hang on back but it pumps down to the bottom then back up through different media and waterfalls back in I believe it is a aquaclear 20. Live sand substrate and live rock (wet). Later on I plan on adding corals to this tank, so all of the marine life added has to be reef safe. I'm looking to add one or two more bright fish, thinking possibly a six line wrasse and or a pygmy angelfish. Would these be a good idea? Bad idea? Any better suggestions? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks
I wouldn’t go overboard with fish in that. Aggression will be more than you bargained for. A six line may become king of the tank. Keep it simple. With two clowns, I’m sure your tank is nice.

OP
OP
thunderwolf

thunderwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t go overboard with fish in that. Aggression will be more than you bargained for. A six line may become king of the tank. Keep it simple. With two clowns, I’m sure your tank is nice.
Possibly 4 line wrasse? Flaming Prawn Goby? Anything colorful at all?

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse will become a problem and I think a dwarf angel will be overstocking the tank.

Firefish could be a nice addition if you have a lid.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote a small goby or dart fish.

A firefish, or a clown goby would be good.

My opinion, six line wrasse are the devils! Haha

OP
OP
thunderwolf

thunderwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse will become a problem and I think a dwarf angel will be overstocking the tank.

Firefish could be a nice addition if you have a lid.
My mistake I actually meant pygmy angelfish so only 2.5 inches or so, but I guess I'll stay away from the wrasse. A friend has a six line with several other fish in a 20 hex for two years but he must've gotten a good one or something. I was thinking about possibly a nice firefish I'll keep that in mind thank you.
I vote a small goby or dart fish.

A firefish, or a clown goby would be good.

My opinion, six line wrasse are the devils! Haha
I'm thinking flaming prawn goby they're only an inch, but the clown gobies are looking nice too. From the feedback I'll definitely stay away from the wrasse. Maybe pygmy angelfish?

OP
OP
thunderwolf

thunderwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mistake I actually meant pygmy angelfish so only 2.5 inches or so, but I guess I'll stay away from the wrasse. A friend has a six line with several other fish in a 20 hex for two years but he must've gotten a good one or something. I was thinking about possibly a nice firefish I'll keep that in mind thank you.

I'm thinking flaming prawn goby they're only an inch, but the clown gobies are looking nice too. From the feedback I'll definitely stay away from the wrasse. Maybe pygmy angelfish?
Forgot pygmy angelfish usually aren't reef safe, and flaming prawn are basically invisible, so probably clown goby.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back