OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your water parameters? Your tank looks awesome and it seems like you are getting a lot of growth.

Thanks so much.

Honestly i havent been checking very often recently, and have only been checking alk once in a while. Nitrate and phosphate have never registered on my Salifert kits so i dont even bother now, maybe i will pick up the Hanna egg for phosphate...

I run salinity at around 1.026, and the float valve has worked perfectly so far, but i have been a goof a few times and forget to open the valve after shutting it off, and salinity rises about a point.

Alk is 8.2Dkh when i checked just now before dosing.

Cal should be what the balanced value is for my alk last time i checked, so if you google alk cal balance itll tell you what mine should be.

Chad Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much.

Honestly i havent been checking very often recently, and have only been checking alk once in a while. Nitrate and phosphate have never registered on my Salifert kits so i dont even bother now, maybe i will pick up the Hanna egg for phosphate...

I run salinity at around 1.026, and the float valve has worked perfectly so far, but i have been a goof a few times and forget to open the valve after shutting it off, and salinity rises about a point.

Alk is 8.2Dkh when i checked just now before dosing.

Cal should be what the balanced value is for my alk last time i checked, so if you google alk cal balance itll tell you what mine should be.
Appreciate it. I'm currently setting up a biocube 32 for corals and such. I would be thrilled if I get as much growth as you. Keep up the good work [emoji106]

Chad Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow dreaming big already eh! I could never manage such a big tank, though it would be an awesome sight.
I currently have an 95 gallon and a biocube 32. I'm just looking to upgrade my 95 to the xxl 750. Your growth just seemed a lot more than mine so I was wondering if I was doing something wrong lol.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Success!
IMG_20190227_011836.jpg

The mighty shrimpy has tamed the ravenous orange beast and has made it his glorious mount! :cool:

IMG_20190227_011841.jpg

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an 95 gallon and a biocube 32. I'm just looking to upgrade my 95 to the xxl 750. Your growth just seemed a lot more than mine so I was wondering if I was doing something wrong lol.

Dang :eek:, and here i am stressing about a 75g. What are your setups like? Better yet, just take the plunge and make a thread :D, we all want more pictures to look at

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome. Wanted to ask how the BTA has treated you, when you added it to the tank, and if you had any care recommendations? I am in no rush to put one in mine, but once it is time I'll be looking for one.

honestly i got it too soon, definitely not the 6 months people say, but i also used half live rock as well as used bacteria in a bottle, so idk if it still applies to me.

it was in an empty tank in a small shop that was more focused on reefing hardware, not lit very brightly and definitely not enough flow, the guy almost forgot he had it at all, and gave it to me for cheap. it was quite small in his tank, maybe about 5-7cm across.

i slid it out of the bag it came in into a crevice i thought it would like, and on the second day, it moved 1 inch closer to the front of the tank, settled its foot under a rock i wedged in previously, and has stayed put. i fed it quite a bit at first as i doubt it got any food at all in that empty tank (literally only rubble and 1 crab for company), and it has grown bigger and gotten more color.

it is still my first anemone, and i was quite nervous at first, afraid it might start running laps and kill my corals, but as they say, each anemone is different, and this guy seems happy where he is right now, but he does some weird things sometimes, like shrinking so small i thought it detached and floated away, only to see a tiny grey thing stuck to the underside of that rock, or swelling up so big that it irritated the crown off a nearby feather duster.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome. Wanted to ask how the BTA has treated you, when you added it to the tank, and if you had any care recommendations? I am in no rush to put one in mine, but once it is time I'll be looking for one.

i got it on boxing day 2018.

i think i read that feeding it after you place it where you want to makes it want to stay there, i dont know if thats actually true, but i did feed it quite soon after acquiring it.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the boring part is over, lets focus more on the fun stuff.

Livestock -
Ocellaris clown
Black ocellaris clown
1541820987912.jpg

Tanaka's pygmy wrasse
IMG_20181224_221427.jpg

Royal gramma
20190113033230.jpg

2 blueleg hermit (1 missing)
2 red leg hermits
3 trochus snails (1 died last night)
2 cerith snails
Love it, thanks for sharing, comrade

Medical_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly i got it too soon, definitely not the 6 months people say, but i also used half live rock as well as used bacteria in a bottle, so idk if it still applies to me.

it was in an empty tank in a small shop that was more focused on reefing hardware, not lit very brightly and definitely not enough flow, the guy almost forgot he had it at all, and gave it to me for cheap. it was quite small in his tank, maybe about 5-7cm across.

i slid it out of the bag it came in into a crevice i thought it would like, and on the second day, it moved 1 inch closer to the front of the tank, settled its foot under a rock i wedged in previously, and has stayed put. i fed it quite a bit at first as i doubt it got any food at all in that empty tank (literally only rubble and 1 crab for company), and it has grown bigger and gotten more color.

it is still my first anemone, and i was quite nervous at first, afraid it might start running laps and kill my corals, but as they say, each anemone is different, and this guy seems happy where he is right now, but he does some weird things sometimes, like shrinking so small i thought it detached and floated away, only to see a tiny grey thing stuck to the underside of that rock, or swelling up so big that it irritated the crown off a nearby feather duster.
They are funny creatures in the aquarium, my parents have one that has split twice now and has been pretty happy. But, they also bought a green BTA at the same time that only lived a couple weeks. I'd love to have one as I think an anemone hosting clowns is about as cool as it gets in a nano tank, but I have to move the whole tank across the country in a little over a year, so I am not sure I want to deal with that. Especially if I wait a good amount of time to add the BTA, it will only have a few months or so to adjust to the tank before it moves anyways. Maybe after the move, or if I can find a rescue like you did!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back