Not open for further replies.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dubs83

Impossible!!!! That other overflow sucks just as bad, big issues, the biggest!

It might be silent, but I bet it can’t skim the surface like a shadow can, with its fancy flat, no-teeth, almost full length weir that’s got 300% more skim area than toothed weirs...

/s.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not now it won’t since he called it out.

He isn’t lying either- happened a year ago in s similar thread
If this was the case we would remove all these posts and simply thread ban those members. We aren’t out to “protect” anyone or hide everything. We simply ensure that the rules layed out in our terms of services, which everyone agrees to when signing up, are upheld.

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad you think we don’t look out for our users. Threads that are feedback threads are moved to the feedback forum. Threads that are discussions are allowed. The issue comes when certain members cannot drop an issue and go out of there way to complain and post about something relentlessly. Sometime things do not work out and people need to move on instead of carrying on. We are adults here.

Sometimes things don’t work out? I’ll say this, if this was a noisy pump, skimmer, buzzing light, a sump that didn’t give enough overhead room to fit the skimmer- id get over it and buy a new one. The problem here is people permanently alter their aquariums to fit this garbage inside their tanks. Request their Reef Savvy tanks to be drilled for this and then they can’t sleep because it sounds like My house is flooding. I’d imagine that is the reason why some members don’t get over it... because their stuck with a defective product and the only explanation they hear is, “it’s something you’re doing”. Huh?! I’d ask for my money back but what good would that do?! My tank was drilled specifically for the shadow overflow. Thank goodness EMS @TaylorPilot had a solution to these otherwise my better 3/4s would have me sleeping outside... with my reef!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes things don’t work out? I’ll say this, if this was a noisy pump, skimmer, buzzing light, a sump that didn’t give enough overhead room to fit the skimmer- id get over it and buy a new one. The problem here is people permanently alter their aquariums to fit this garbage inside their tanks. Request their Reef Savvy tanks to be drilled for this and then they can’t sleep because it sounds like My house is flooding. I’d imagine that is the reason why some members don’t get over it... because their stuck with a defective product and the only explanation they hear is, “it’s something you’re doing”. Huh?! I’d ask for my money back but what good would that do?! My tank was drilled specifically for the shadow overflow. Thank goodness EMS @TaylorPilot had a solution to these otherwise my better 3/4s would have me sleeping outside... with my reef!
Correct. Sometimes things don’t work out. Seems like people have found a solution and if not it’s a shame. But continuing to go out of the way to complain is not a mature way to handle things, but it seems that’s how things are now a days...

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad you think we don’t look out for our users. Threads that are feedback threads are moved to the feedback forum. Threads that are discussions are allowed. The issue comes when certain members cannot drop an issue and go out of there way to complain and post about something relentlessly. Sometime things do not work out and people need to move on instead of carrying on. We are adults here.

I did not intend to insult you directly; I know you guys do great work.

I was recalling another very similar thread, where 5+ people mentioned how disappointed they were with their synergy overflow, and then the thread was moved and all “outside” comments deleted.

This was the thread. Many people contributed, providing examples of their setups and videos of the loud overflow, yet these posts were all deleted. It’s fine, not my business. But I did not write that post “randomly”.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/synergy-reef-shadow-overflow-horrible.480176/#post-5418150

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. Sometimes things don’t work out. Seems like people have found a solution and if not it’s a shame. But continuing to go out of the way to complain is not a mature way to handle things, but it seems that’s how things are now a days...

Continuing to deny the product has flaws and resorting to calling people inept is also not a mature way of handling things.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not intend to insult you directly; I know you guys do great work.

I was recalling another very similar thread, where 5+ people mentioned how disappointed they were with their synergy overflow, and then the thread was moved and all “outside” comments deleted.

This was the thread. Many people contributed, providing examples of their setups and videos of the loud overflow, yet these posts were all deleted. It’s fine, not my business. But I did not write that post “randomly”.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/synergy-reef-shadow-overflow-horrible.480176/#post-5418150
I’m not really insulted I just don’t think people realize certain things that go on behind the scenes. I know the thread you are talking about which was a review (or feedback) about a product. This is why it was moved and cleaned up. This thread is (or was) a discussion about salt creep in the rear box of a users overflow. It has no turned into a place for past users (who have left there feedback) to contine to press the issue they have had with the product. How will this help the user with their issue? Can you see what I am saying?

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, customers have found a solution but I’d put that responsibility on Reef Synergy. At some point it’s okay to say “we screwed up and will be redesigning the dang thing”. Offer a discount to previous buyers so they have an opportunity to correct it? I don’t know, something other than blaming the customer. I think that’s where the strong resentment towards this topic comes from... but it seems not taking responsibility is how things are now a days...

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not really insulted I just don’t think people realize certain things that go on behind the scenes. I know the thread you are talking about which was a review (or feedback) about a product. This is why it was moved and cleaned up. This thread is (or was) a discussion about salt creep in the rear box of a users overflow. It has no turned into a place for past users (who have left there feedback) to contine to press the issue they have had with the product. How will this help the user with their issue? Can you see what I am saying?

Yeah I get what you mean, and am also glad that other people can provide feedback on the issue that the OP is encountering here.

As Synegy has stated, some buyers have “found a solution” to the inherant design flaws that are causing the OP’s issue.

Last edited:

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Continuing to deny the product has flaws and resorting to calling people inept is also not a mature way of handling things.
No one said I disagree. But for people to go out of there way to complain in every thread isn’t the way to resolve things. This thread is completely off topic now and the user with the issue has been lost in the shuffle of people who can’t move on. This will be my last comment.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. Sometimes things don’t work out. Seems like people have found a solution and if not it’s a shame. But continuing to go out of the way to

No one said I disagree. But for people to go out of there way to complain in every thread isn’t the way to resolve things

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is exactly it. The product does not do what @mixer911 says it does. He refuses to admit that it be like it do, but it does. The consumer can't make an educated decision about what tradeoffs to make if the retailers and manufacturers aren't held accountable for making spurious claims. They feel burned because they were, not because they are some delusional fantastics. I have sufficient qualifications to say reasonably that the product is defective with regards to Synergy's claims.

See above. Going out of the way to complain is a sign that you are protecting the wrong class. Sure, quote the forum rules, that's good for site revenue in the short run, but not the users/consumers. How can you justify revenue from sponsors if your users (the consumers) best interests aren't foremost? I am fortunate that making a mistake on overflow choice isn't a significant financial issue, but for others it surely would be. As a comparison, would you be upset that the car you bought that was advertised as getting 25mpg on the highway and making 200hp, actually got 10mpg and makes only 100hp? Would you hope that some entity like the federal government might advocate for you? Or at the minimum not squash commentary amongst consumers to help others avoid being taken advantage of in similar fashion? It seem like that's the way it is now a days... I don't need to draw parallels to some current day events for you to get the analogy.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one said I disagree. But for people to go out of there way to complain in every thread isn’t the way to resolve things. This thread is completely off topic now and the user with the issue has been lost in the shuffle of people who can’t move on. This will be my last comment.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not, but it is a way to prevent others from being swindled. Isn't that something you would support?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok to get this back on track because that’s what we’re worried about this is how I got rid of my salt creep

As U can see original front box
image.jpg

But I removed the back box after several attempts to ad an O-ring to stop it to no avail

I added this
image.jpg

From Taylor pilot
As you can see in the next photo I just wiped my hand across it to get the dirt off and as you can see no salt creep just dirt
image.jpg

Boom my salinity has never been so stable

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok to get this back on track because that’s what we’re worried about this is how I got rid of my salt creep

As U can see original front box
image.jpg

But I removed the back box after several attempts to ad an O-ring to stop it to no avail

I added this
image.jpg

From Taylor pilot
As you can see in the next photo I just wiped my hand across it to get the dirt off and as you can see no salt creep just dirt
image.jpg

Boom my salinity has never been so stable
This is great! I thought we already established that the solution to the problem was replacement, but I am glad you can provide concrete evidence that it's what fixes the problem! Thanks!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly it. The product does not do what @mixer911 says it does. He refuses to admit that it be like it do, but it does. The consumer can't make an educated decision about what tradeoffs to make if the retailers and manufacturers aren't held accountable for making spurious claims. They feel burned because they were, not because they are some delusional fantastics. I have sufficient qualifications to say reasonably that the product is defective with regards to Synergy's claims.

See above. Going out of the way to complain is a sign that you are protecting the wrong class. Sure, quote the forum rules, that's good for site revenue in the short run, but not the users/consumers. How can you justify revenue from sponsors if your users (the consumers) best interests aren't foremost? I am fortunate that making a mistake on overflow choice isn't a significant financial issue, but for others it surely would be. As a comparison, would you be upset that the car you bought that was advertised as getting 25mpg on the highway and making 200hp, actually got 10mpg and makes only 100hp? Would you hope that some entity like the federal government might advocate for you? Or at the minimum not squash commentary amongst consumers to help others avoid being taken advantage of in similar fashion? It seem like that's the way it is now a days... I don't need to draw parallels to some current day events for you to get the analogy.
Again this thread is about salt creep. Do you have any input on that? If not let’s please get this thread back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%

Back