Big Tank 95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELLO EVERYONE I've been working on this one for a while now and not sure what equipment I need to make it work. For right now it's going to be FOWLR
but eventually I would like to add some corals when i get more experience. I've been in the hobby for 6yrs freshwater only. Now I want to try saltwater. So this is what I've done so far 180gal tank 72-24-24 custom stand & rockwork I built myself, 3/100w nicrew lights ran in series with kessil controller X, 160 lbs of carib sea ocean direct live sand not in tank yet.
Tank marineland 180 w/dual corner overflows.

Jebao/Jecod DCP-10000 Submersible Return water Pump Reef Tank upgrade DCT-10000​

Equipment that i'm looking to buy:
Maxspect sk-800 skimmer
Maxspect XF350 cloud edition double package
Brs 600w heater/W Inkbird controller
Tunze osmolator 3155 ATO
I added some pics of the build all suggestions are welcome. As I said first time with a salt water tank anything that you see that can be adjusted or or added feel free to comment left side as you can see is where the sump goes on the right I would like to have ATO.
AREA SIZE IS 36H/20W/29L any ideas
I had some vids but file was too big SMH

20230705_114020.jpg 20230715_111317.jpg 20230916_193759.jpg 20230916_194007.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh that looks good! :star-struck: Looking forward to following this..

If you want to have one of those snazzy badges under your profile, you can click into your profile area here, add the URL (link) of your build thread in the R2R tank thread section and save it. Click here for a pictorial on how to do this.

1695585878885.png

Then people can follow your build :D

FatTorrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man how tall is your stand I love the design I'm actually in the process of planning my new build its been a couple years but I'm definitely loving this build

OP
OP
B

Big Tank 95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man how tall is your stand I love the design I'm actually in the process of planning my new build its been a couple years but I'm definitely loving this build
HEY TORREY, SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY BEEN A LIL' BUSY BUT IT 36H 82"L 29"W. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE THE SAME MARINELAND TANK THAT YOUR LOOKING TO GET AND THIS IS THE SIZE I MADE MY STAND DEPENDING ON WHAT YOUR TRYING TO DO YOU CAN MAKE IT FLUSH WITH THE TANK OR MAKE IT LONGER TO FIT MORE EQUIPMENT AS TIME GOES ON. JUST REMEMBER BUILD IT STRONG MY TANK AND ALL THE EQUIPMENT WEIGH WELL OVER 1TON. THATS 2000 POUNDS GOOD LUCK AND DONT RUSH TAKE YOUR TIME WANNA TO SEE WHAT YOU COME UP WITH.

Last edited:

FatTorrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY TORREY, SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY BEEN A LIL' BUSY BUT IT 36H 82"L 29"W. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE THE SAME MARINELAND TANK THAT YOUR LOOKING TO GET AND THIS IS THE SIZE I MADE MY STAND DEPENDING ON WHAT YOUR TRYING TO DO YOU CAN MAKE IT FLUSH WITH THE TANK OR MAKE IT LONGER TO FIT MORE EQUIPMENT AS TIME GOES ON. JUST REMEMBER BUILD IT STRONG MY TANK AND ALL THE EQUIPMENT WEIGH WELL OVER 1TON. THATS 2000 POUNDS GOOD LUCK AND DONT RUSH TAKE YOUR TIME WANNA TO SEE WHAT YOU COME UP WITH.
How is your under bracing is this 2x4s

OP
OP
B

Big Tank 95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your under bracing is this 2x4s
I USED 2X6 BORADS DOUBLE IN THE REAR. REMEMBER 1 2X6 AT 3FT CAN HOLD 1200 POUNDS. I USED 13 ALL THE WAY AROUND I KNOW IT'S OVER KILL BUT BETTR SAFE THAN SORRY. JUST MAKE SURE TO BRACE THE WEIGHT OF THE TANK ALL THE WAY AROUND YOU SHOULD BE FINE. THE REASON I PUT DOUBLE IN THE REAR IS BECUSE OF BOWING THE MORE WEIGHT THE MORE PRESURE . IN THE FRONT I DOUBLE WITH 2X4. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU PUT CROSS BEAM IN THE UPPER & LOWER FRAMES TO PREVENT BOWING.

FatTorrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I USED 2X6 BORADS DOUBLE IN THE REAR. REMEMBER 1 2X6 AT 3FT CAN HOLD 1200 POUNDS. I USED 13 ALL THE WAY AROUND I KNOW IT'S OVER KILL BUT BETTR SAFE THAN SORRY. JUST MAKE SURE TO BRACE THE WEIGHT OF THE TANK ALL THE WAY AROUND YOU SHOULD BE FINE. THE REASON I PUT DOUBLE IN THE REAR IS BECUSE OF BOWING THE MORE WEIGHT THE MORE PRESURE . IN THE FRONT I DOUBLE WITH 2X4. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU PUT CROSS BEAM IN THE UPPER & LOWER FRAMES TO PREVENT BOWING.
send pic of the under neath for top I’m trying to duplicate your stand design

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back