25g SPS

JB33t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start of my first full SPS aquarium located bedside

My first experience with wood work doing my own stand for the still needs covers I plan on just painting some high end plywood adding trimming and holding it on with magnets.

My sump won’t be fitting under my stand (bad craftsmanship on my behalf) so it will be located in the corner with that side of the stand being open (it’s my only option) but I don’t mind because I will have full access.

Still purchasing equipment so far I’ve got a 3 stage doser, my ato, lights are on their way, heater and heater controller on its way, AC return pump on its way. Still need to make my sump doing it DIY, also going to make an external fuge inside of a black 5g or 2.5g bucket HAVENT decided the size yet.

Going to plumb in a UV, still need to buy that and my skimmer, and some Tunze powerheads. As well as all the extras

I’m about 1/2 to adding water. Still deciding if I’m going to drill it or just do a hang on overflow I’m nevrvous to drill it I’ve never done such a thing however a hang on overflow is also a possible failure point. Let’s see I’ll keep everyone updated

C552D5E8-7052-4161-8864-147460D09DA3.jpeg

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Good!! :)

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very Nice! Good luck :)

OP
OP
JB33t

JB33t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights came in, havent started drilling yet, this weekend I’ll get it done.

Purchased my 10g sump now to silicone the baffles. Along with my 5g Fuge from petco, changed my mind on the bucket fuge that woukd be

My local petco was nicely taken care of in terms of saltwater selection as a bonus I was surprised. It was my first time at Petco.

Going to make a few design changes on the stand to maybe try and fit my sump under there. I was suggested to maybe try and make it “2 stories” make a shelf in the middle to put the refugium. So it can all fit under the stand, accessibility to space may be a slight problem but I’m going to try that out as well. If I don’t like it I’ll just take it down.

Once drilling and stand remodeling is done then time for plumbing.

As well as returned my return pump it was too large (lowest setting is 550gph

Made the decision on a 9004 tunze skimmer, seems like I will be having almost a full tunze tank.

As you can see the location since the first photo has gotten very crowded with all the equipment lol.

6E3657FA-4B1B-4654-8887-CF7F8DF8F171.jpeg 380C6483-716A-451B-8282-0ABB23C5F84A.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JB33t

JB33t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock list so far-

Fish- lots of dang fish to keep up with nutrients

Still deciding if I want to go with less corals and grow them into bigger colonies or more variety and smaller colonies.

Corals- Going to start off with a few zoas then a monti and see how they do then slowly add other SPS such as birds nest and if it does good then remove that and get some nicer pieces. I love Digi and I love my stylos. Definitely going to need a Walt Disney in there as the show piece.

I’ll most likely be ordering mostly from online reputable venders. I’m very anal as to who I buy from and the tank it comes from.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back