• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

3D printed Flow deflectors

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for flow deflectors for 2 MP 40’s and a mothers 10. Probably about a third of the cage some thing I can just clip on. Any help would be appreciated.

FishDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210112-002330_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210112-002330_Chrome.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 54

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t help get you one but I have one and they are great.

I could only find them with the 3D cage, would have preferred just the clip on as above.

OP
OP
lennyd19

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah a clip would be great. Also the seller only has mp40 I also need the mp10. I would like them all to be the same so maybe some one here can come up with something.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah a clip would be great. Also the seller only has mp40 I also need the mp10. I would like them all to be the same so maybe some one here can come up with something.

Just be careful where you buy it from or if someone offers to make you one, if you go for the clip on, there is next to no space inside to clip it on, as the blades go right up to the edge of the cage, I doubt there is even 1mm space between the blades and the cage.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for flow deflectors for 2 MP 40’s and a mothers 10. Probably about a third of the cage some thing I can just clip on. Any help would be appreciated.
If you know anyone with a 3D printer (or people are offering up their services here), look through Thingiverse.com. For example, I see something like this which could work for you. I also see the driver holder which I printed out for myself instead of paying BRS $12 for it.
Thingiverse has a lot of stuff on it and it's ability to find things with it's built in search engine heavily relies on what the author named/tagged it as. So, if you're looking for something like this you need to search for ecotech, eco tech, vortech, powerhead, mp10, mp 10 etc etc. Sometimes it's just easier to search for something broad like 'aquarium' and wade through the results.

Getting back to what I was saying. If you know someone with 3D printer, you can send them a link to the thingiverse page and they can print it out for you. They might have some questions if there's options involved, but it's a lot easier than trying to get someone to design something from scratch.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back