• PLEASE create your market listing (new for sale thread) HERE in our new marketplace! The new marketplace will allow you to create listings based on criteria that will help those searching for aquarium products and livestock find your items easier. You will also be able to accept online payment or your own method of outside payment. The new market will also allow you to pick and choose who you sell to easier, keep track of your products, give and receive feedback scores and much more! Thank you. For more info please see this thread or go directly to the Beta Market here.

3D PRINTED HERMIT CRAB SHELLS

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Can somebody make shells like the ones below in the hyperlink!? I would definitely invest in a few! Could we do them with monopoly pieces on top!? That would be awesome too!!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

el_pablo

View Badges
Reaction score
I've just printed a couple of models from Thingiverse. You can search for Project Shellter on Yeggi. There are some interesting models in the results. Be aware, you might need to scale them to your needs.

OP
leighla wolf

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
I've just printed a couple of models from Thingiverse. You can search for Project Shellter on Yeggi. There are some interesting models in the results. Be aware, you might need to scale them to your needs.
Can you post pictures!? I actually don’t have a 3D printer so I was interested if other people had attempted this before I went on the search for one. :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

KeMiKiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully done this for reef hermits and had a hermit live in one?

I was just talking to the wife and saying this would be awesome but it looks like someone beat me to it. I thing having one look like a big backpack would be cool. Another that looks like a tank. Maybe a minivan. Fun stuff like that.

el_pablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully done this for reef hermits and had a hermit live in one?

I was just talking to the wife and saying this would be awesome but it looks like someone beat me to it. I thing having one look like a big backpack would be cool. Another that looks like a tank. Maybe a minivan. Fun stuff like that.
I did print a few but the hermits don’t care about them. I think it my be something about the surface.

Have you ever had a reef tank with no sump and how did it go?

• YES and it was just fine

Votes: 333 59.1%
  • YES but it was difficult

Votes: 99 17.6%
  • NO

Votes: 120 21.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 2.0%
Cultivated Reef