• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

3D PRINTED HERMIT CRAB SHELLS

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody make shells like the ones below in the hyperlink!? I would definitely invest in a few! Could we do them with monopoly pieces on top!? That would be awesome too!!!

el_pablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just printed a couple of models from Thingiverse. You can search for Project Shellter on Yeggi. There are some interesting models in the results. Be aware, you might need to scale them to your needs.

OP
OP
leighla wolf

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just printed a couple of models from Thingiverse. You can search for Project Shellter on Yeggi. There are some interesting models in the results. Be aware, you might need to scale them to your needs.
Can you post pictures!? I actually don’t have a 3D printer so I was interested if other people had attempted this before I went on the search for one. :)

KeMiKiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone successfully done this for reef hermits and had a hermit live in one?

I was just talking to the wife and saying this would be awesome but it looks like someone beat me to it. I thing having one look like a big backpack would be cool. Another that looks like a tank. Maybe a minivan. Fun stuff like that.

el_pablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone successfully done this for reef hermits and had a hermit live in one?

I was just talking to the wife and saying this would be awesome but it looks like someone beat me to it. I thing having one look like a big backpack would be cool. Another that looks like a tank. Maybe a minivan. Fun stuff like that.
I did print a few but the hermits don’t care about them. I think it my be something about the surface.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back