• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

3D PRINTED HERMIT CRAB SHELLS

leighla wolf

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2020
Messages
254
Reaction score
320
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just printed a couple of models from Thingiverse. You can search for Project Shellter on Yeggi. There are some interesting models in the results. Be aware, you might need to scale them to your needs.
 
I've just printed a couple of models from Thingiverse. You can search for Project Shellter on Yeggi. There are some interesting models in the results. Be aware, you might need to scale them to your needs.
Can you post pictures!? I actually don’t have a 3D printer so I was interested if other people had attempted this before I went on the search for one. :)
 
Has anyone successfully done this for reef hermits and had a hermit live in one?

I was just talking to the wife and saying this would be awesome but it looks like someone beat me to it. I thing having one look like a big backpack would be cool. Another that looks like a tank. Maybe a minivan. Fun stuff like that.
 
Has anyone successfully done this for reef hermits and had a hermit live in one?

I was just talking to the wife and saying this would be awesome but it looks like someone beat me to it. I thing having one look like a big backpack would be cool. Another that looks like a tank. Maybe a minivan. Fun stuff like that.
I did print a few but the hermits don’t care about them. I think it my be something about the surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new