3D Printing thread

anth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have own several printers from different manufactures ranging from low end to high end. That being said, if I was staring out, I would get a Creality Cr10-mini (is not really mini). They are affordable, several parts and mods are available for them and they are super simple and straight forward to use, and quite reliable.
Thanks
Im going to start looking into it as there are several bits an pieces eg rfg and such which are a little pricey for what they are that i could easily make myself.
especially with the help of this thread
Thanks
Anth

Octane13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have own several printers from different manufactures ranging from low end to high end. That being said, if I was staring out, I would get a Creality Cr10-mini (is not really mini). They are affordable, several parts and mods are available for them and they are super simple and straight forward to use, and quite reliable.

I started (and still have) a TEVO tarantula and know others who have them as well. For years I didn't have any issues but I would suggest if your budget allows to get something with rails not rubber rollers. If you use them a lot they wear out (sometimes differently) or get loose randomly causing printing anomalies. Currently printing on a Prusa MK3 and wouldn't go any other route. The way I look at it by the time I upgrade all the things I don't like about any specific printer I've already spent what the Prusa cost.

dattack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started (and still have) a TEVO tarantula and know others who have them as well. For years I didn't have any issues but I would suggest if your budget allows to get something with rails not rubber rollers. If you use them a lot they wear out (sometimes differently) or get loose randomly causing printing anomalies. Currently printing on a Prusa MK3 and wouldn't go any other route. The way I look at it by the time I upgrade all the things I don't like about any specific printer I've already spent what the Prusa cost.
Did you assemble the Prusa or did you pay extra for fully assembled? It looks like it will take a few months to even to purchase one.

Octane13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you assemble the Prusa or did you pay extra for fully assembled? It looks like it will take a few months to even to purchase one.

I built both of the printers. Both took a decent amount of time but the Prusa directions are excellent and all the parts are labeled for each section. They have a lot of 3d printed parts in the construction which is probably the delay as they were printing masks. I think it took a couple months to get in.

3D Reefin'

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think that for the money, delivery/set up time and quality of print, the Creality CR 10 mini wins. Prusa printers are nice, but who wants to wait 5+ weeks just for your printer to be mailed and if you are just starting out you I would not want to sink $750+ for something you may or may not like (3D printing). Not to mention that you then have to assemble the whole thing or pay an extra $250 for assembly, not saying that they are difficult to assemble, but not everyone wants to do that.

I just helped a friend set up his new Cr10 mini. The printer arrived 2 days after it was ordered, and he was printing his first test piece after 30 minutes of unpacking, assembly and leveling the bed.

CR 10s also have limited to no amount of 3D printed parts (this is good), most of the plastic pieces found in the CR10 are injection molded (stronger/durable than 3D printed parts) and they have several parts that are aluminium that are made of plastic on the Prusa.

Don't forget that there is a lot of aftermarket parts for the CR 10, so you can upgrade your axis to linear rails and other high performance modifications and still be under $750 and most important, it prints very nice out of the box and has a nice size build volume.

You don't need to have ball screws, servo motors, linear rails and hold .0002" per foot on your bed to get good prints. I own a few heavily modified printers and my go to for daily prints is my Cr 10 mini. With the money you save, buy filament.

***I don't own stock or work for Creality, I just see many people over spend on printers.***

The filter and several other components for this bowl was printed on a CR10.

IMG_20190709_184850247.jpg

Last edited:

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what size jst plug this is? It’s on an Ender 3 v2 board. I need to make a cable for my bltouch and want to order a jst connector to plug into it. No one seems to make a pre made cable stateside.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly, I would print the filter sock silencer on thingiverse and glue a thin piece of acrylic to it. if you want to block the whole thing.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first upload:

Remix on Sisterlimonpot's Voss dosing container cleat.

I printed the original but it was not very rigid (even with PLA) and the sides would bend with the weight of the containers, leading to the whole thing being very floppy.

my version fixed this issue.

Thingiverse Link

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also made a holder for 2x Kamoer X1 Pro 2 WiFi dosers. It doesn't look like many people use the thing so let me know if y'all want it uploaded.

Holds 2 pretty snuggly and has space behind for the wires and daisy chain cable. Mounts with 2 countersunk wood screws 4mm major dia.

IMG_20201228_232737.jpg

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to the 3D printed designs thread? I do not remember who had started it but had a number of different designs from members update in the first post?

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also made a holder for 2x Kamoer X1 Pro 2 WiFi dosers. It doesn't look like many people use the thing so let me know if y'all want it uploaded.

Holds 2 pretty snuggly and has space behind for the wires and daisy chain cable. Mounts with 2 countersunk wood screws 4mm major dia.

IMG_20201228_232737.jpg

I at least would like a copy of the stl, great little dosers.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ameer214

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me find the thread that contains links to all the models that can be 3d printed. I thought such a thread existing and may even be pinned, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Your help is much appreciated!

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anyone help me find the thread that contains links to all the models that can be 3d printed. I thought such a thread existing and may even be pinned, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Your help is much appreciated!

It is no longer on this forum. It has moved to Humblefish forum DIY section.

Back