40 Gallons with a few Soft Corals

Wrasses doing great in tank but too active to get good picture with iPhone:

wrasse_new1.JPG



Also got a halloween urchin and gold ring cowrie but the cowrie didn't make it:

urchin_halloween1.JPG


cowrie1.JPG
 
Halloween urchin that I got last week seems to be doing well but doesn't look very Halloweeny:
*unless maybe it's really a different type of urchin?

urchin_halloween_2026_07a.JPG



Aside note -- I gave the XL Nassarius snails that I noted in post# 155 back to LFS. Didn't want to chance them being predatory.
 
My recent "fun" is that my new alleged-Halloween urchin ate my tiny toadstool overnight.
Posted about that here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/urchin-ate-small-toadstool.1168900/

EDIT -- it was suggested in that thread that urchin is really "Salmacis bicolor" and that looks to be a good ID.
Those and other, similar, Salmacis urchins are primarily algae eaters but will also eat soft-bodied corals so are considered reef safe "with CAUTION."

I guess that explains it.
I doubt the tiny toadstool will recover but it's been resilient through much neglect for years so we'll see.
 
Last edited:
Was trying to use my wife's DSLR to get a better picture of my 2x Carpenter's flasher wrasse that I received on 7/24/2026 from Dr. Reef's but I think these are even worse than my previous iPhone pictures:

wrasse1.JPG



wrasse2.JPG



wrasse4.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new