5 gallon start up

BriansGirl18

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. My 8 yo son has got just as invovled as i am in my 4 saltwater tanks. He has been asking for his own tank for a few months. So, i seen a nice little setup at my lfs the other day and picked
117893505_330450108002614_6554829585370712109_n.jpg
it up. Its a top fin retreat 5 gal aquarium. I think its going to be a real easy set up. We have thrown around some ideas but i thought i would share here as we go and get advice along the way. I'm trying to make it a floating reef tank. I'm not sure if its going to hold yet but i have "glued" the rocks to the tank today. Letting it cure hoping it holds. If it hold water tomorrow.
 
I myself am just a teenager but i think parent-child tanks are a stupendously beautiful way to bond and learn at the same time :)) Have
That's when i started. A teenager with my dad. One of my favorite memories.
 
I've been thinking of doing the same thing to my topfin 5 gallon been kind of hesitant! Will be following along to see how it goes!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new