OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well only took two floods and a few drips to get it right lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 112

Krj-2501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shark? Epaulette or bamboo maybe? Tank is largely sufficient for one.

Bamboo sharks species which would be okay for this tank
- White-spotted "marbled" Bamboo (Chiloscyllium plagiosum)- males ~ 32-33" , females 36-38"
- Arabian Bamboo (C. arabicum) - 30"
- Grey Bamboo (C. griseum) - 30"

Epaulette shark species which would be okay for this tank
- Speckled Epaulette (Hemiscyllium trispeculare) - 30-32"
- Papuan Epaulette (H. hallstromi) - 30"

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be ending this build. The tank busted a seal in the lower left of the acrylic and needs major repair. Currently the tank has been taken down as we needed to move as well. Although fear not as I do have other builds coming along. My 225 fat boy tank is getting redone and my current 125 is established well. There was a huge major loss from the 600 as most of the fish but my standard 8 perished with ICH.

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well...I guess Ill start this build thread once again. I've finally bought a house...This being said what was the garage with a slab had been turned into a makeshift office/laundry room. So, this is where the 600 & 225 gallon tanks with a 215g sump will coincide. The 225 has been up since May of 2023 and the 600 still sits in a storage area waiting to be repaired. I have decided that the insert will get taken out and i will be adding a center back set overflow. along with the original side overflows. I'm also going to add a 6" tall wall running the length of the tank set 6" back from the front so i can do a 6" sand bed in the rear of the tank with a bare bottom in the front. (Personally, I want Green Star Polyps to take the bare bottom of the tank like a blanket of grass) Custom made stands are in the wroks for both tanks.

Questions I have to the public as I'm no professional.
1. what size piping should i use? return lines and dump lines (from the tank to the sump)
1.C- Both tanks share the same sump. 225 will be fowler, 600 will be coral. i own 3 pumps able to push 2,500gph with wave makers that can turn max out 4,500 gph. im aiming for 2" - 2 1/2 piping. is this good or no

2. what heaters/chillers do you suggest.
2.C- I currently have 2 Inkbird systems and will be ordering 4 500w heaters to go with them.

3. is my lighting enough?
3.C- I own 2 XR30 pros with 5 China black boxes.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well...I guess Ill start this build thread once again. I've finally bought a house...This being said what was the garage with a slab had been turned into a makeshift office/laundry room. So, this is where the 600 & 225 gallon tanks with a 215g sump will coincide. The 225 has been up since May of 2023 and the 600 still sits in a storage area waiting to be repaired. I have decided that the insert will get taken out and i will be adding a center back set overflow. along with the original side overflows. I'm also going to add a 6" tall wall running the length of the tank set 6" back from the front so i can do a 6" sand bed in the rear of the tank with a bare bottom in the front. (Personally, I want Green Star Polyps to take the bare bottom of the tank like a blanket of grass) Custom made stands are in the wroks for both tanks.

Questions I have to the public as I'm no professional.
1. what size piping should i use? return lines and dump lines (from the tank to the sump)
1.C- Both tanks share the same sump. 225 will be fowler, 600 will be coral. i own 3 pumps able to push 2,500gph with wave makers that can turn max out 4,500 gph. im aiming for 2" - 2 1/2 piping. is this good or no

2. what heaters/chillers do you suggest.
2.C- I currently have 2 Inkbird systems and will be ordering 4 500w heaters to go with them.

3. is my lighting enough?
3.C- I own 2 XR30 pros with 5 China black boxes.

is there a reason the 225 is going to be FOWLR and the 600 corals?
I mean dont get me wrong 600 gal. coral tank sounds epic just my wallet hurts thinking about it. haha

congrats on the house!

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a reason the 225 is going to be FOWLR and the 600 corals?
I mean dont get me wrong 600 gal. coral tank sounds epic just my wallet hurts thinking about it. haha

congrats on the house!
So wife wants fish that aren’t coral compatible and I’ve got some fish puffers that would find shrimp if I got any a tasty meal. The 225 is an awesome cubed tank that allows plenty of space for territorial fish as well.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So wife wants fish that aren’t coral compatible and I’ve got some fish puffers that would find shrimp if I got any a tasty meal. The 225 is an awesome cubed tank that allows plenty of space for territorial fish as well.
I under stand I am setting up a 200 peninsula a FOWLR not even water in it and i want bigger...haha
so I was just curious as to your thought process.

how did you fix the blown seam. that not very common with acrylic tanks. one reason ppl site in favor of them over glass. guess it does happen.

man this is going to be an epic build!

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I under stand I am setting up a 200 peninsula a FOWLR not even water in it and i want bigger...haha
so I was just curious as to your thought process.

how did you fix the blown seam. that not very common with acrylic tanks. one reason ppl site in favor of them over glass. guess it does happen.

man this is going to be an epic build!
honestly I'm going to cut into the part that split and just add additional acrylic sheet and bind them with acrylic sealer or I'm going to add an acrylic rod on the entirety of the length and bind it with acrylic bonding agent.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back