!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to hang my wallet on your wall hanger one day and just tour your raceway one day...genius!!! I lost and not kept names of the 50+ frags I've got from you and liked to see their mommies one day and adopted more babies soon...MILF- Mother I Love Frags :)

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Adam! congrats on adding 4x the real estate and cutting the power bill to boot. Hopefully you will enjoy the space more with actually being able to see the sun and some green while you work, for at least 3 1/2 months of the year. :rolleyes:
Great call on the manual aspect of the water changes, I can't even imagine the heartbreak of a solenoid failure or software glitch with what you have going.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks great Adam! congrats on adding 4x the real estate and cutting the power bill to boot. Hopefully you will enjoy the space more with actually being able to see the sun and some green while you work, for at least 3 1/2 months of the year. :rolleyes:
Great call on the manual aspect of the water changes, I can't even imagine the heartbreak of a solenoid failure or software glitch with what you have going.

Yeah Im just too paranoid about stuff like that. lol Some of the primary focuses of this entire set up on top of efficiency where simplicity and longevity. It's a relatively large system to be sure, but is very simple in design with the absolute minimum amount of "weak links" and unnecessary apparatuses possible.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I understand correctly , it's just massive Deltec skimmers doing filteration? Just light , lots of flow , water changes , stable alk and Deltec .. that's all ..
Amazing how you can achieve such great corals with just simplicity !!!
Am slowly changing to follow your footsteps and see if it makes different with my browned out sps ..

I believe you hardly measure nitrates and phosphates ?
Regards,
Abhishek

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam that looks awesome man making me wanna see it in person.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So if I understand correctly , it's just massive Deltec skimmers doing filteration? Just light , lots of flow , water changes , stable alk and Deltec .. that's all ..
Amazing how you can achieve such great corals with just simplicity !!!
Am slowly changing to follow your footsteps and see if it makes different with my browned out sps ..

I believe you hardly measure nitrates and phosphates ?
Regards,
Abhishek

Ultimately yep, only not really a massive Deltec, just an appropriately sized one lol.

Here is the extent of the gear on this system, minus the apex and DKH guardian.

Two heaters, the Deltec 3070s and a GEO 1218 Calcium reactor. Mech filter is for the calcium reactor feed. I just haven hooked it up yet. I also modified the Geo to return into the side, rather then from the top so I can refill it much easier, and my sump lids would fit tighter.

IMG_9664_zpsmonncfcq.jpg

IMG_9670_zpsyln3btle.jpg

IMG_9668_zpsh6d5bioh.jpg

sps_monger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultimately yep, only not really a massive Deltec, just an appropriately sized one lol.

Two heaters, the Deltec 3070s and a GEO 1218 Calcium reactor. Mech filter is for the calcium reactor feed. I just haven hooked it up yet. I also modified the Geo to return into the side, rather then from the top so I can refill it much easier, and my sump lids would fit tighter.

IMG_9664_zpsmonncfcq.jpg

IMG_9670_zpsyln3btle.jpg

IMG_9668_zpsh6d5bioh.jpg

Love that modification to the calcium RX. I might have to do that to my 818. Nice work!

High Plains Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What is the purpose of filtering the ca rx feed and what kind of filter did you use single double or triple ?
I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the deltec skimmer I messaged you about also

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so great to see everything up and running, I know it has been a long journey for y'all. I will be getting more corals from you in the near future. I get my new 240g (96 x 24 x 25)Glasscages tank mid-end of May.

DipSpit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been following along with great interest and, still, the perpetual excitement to order from you!

I do have a question regarding the Deltec (and I know you are a guru of sorts). I recently acquired a SC2060 and was wondering how much value is put into the water level in the discharge. What is the preferred height there? I just want to make sure I'm running at max efficiency.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is the purpose of filtering the ca rx feed and what kind of filter did you use single double or triple ?
I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the deltec skimmer I messaged you about also

HI there, Only reason is to keep detritus out of the reactor. I like to top off the media rather than take everything out and refill, so things can get pretty filthy in there after a few years. The filter is a standard 2 high lifeguard with the pleats as well

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the larger colonies handle the move? Can we see some underwater shots?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How did the larger colonies handle the move? Can we see some underwater shots?

Honestly could not have gone better My systems as a whole were pretty neglected during the course of the construction as well. Lots of 2+ year old bulbs for example and over all lack of upkeep and a fair amount of very unnecessary dust. They spread their wings the instant they hit the new water and had never looked better growth has been visibly much better as well. :) was a huge relief actually

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back