!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eh, fairy shmary. would a couple pics of the back up system suffice?:D

The 4 tanks that made up my main system in the basement, are now my back up system. I have allocated one as a new stand alone QT system.

IMG_9662_zpsofxm6jgp.jpg

IMG_4672_zpshhhxcoko.jpg

IMG_4671_zps9exumotp.jpg
Looks Amazing!

Would look even better if there were a big stack of Battle Brushes next to it! :eek::p

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, are you going to expand inventory also with all these new tanks or was the goal to update and make it more efficient?

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome Adam. Nothing like a back up system to help you sleep at night!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, are you going to expand inventory also with all these new tanks or was the goal to update and make it more efficient?

That my friend, was the entire reason for project! I had absolutely no room left whatsoever. Collection will be expanding more than ever!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eh, fairy shmary. would a couple pics of the back up system suffice?:D

The 4 tanks that made up my main system in the basement, are now my back up system. I have allocated one as a new stand alone QT system.

IMG_9662_zpsofxm6jgp.jpg

IMG_4672_zpshhhxcoko.jpg

IMG_4671_zps9exumotp.jpg

Is that a Redsea prizm I see amidst all these new Deltecs ? :p
I don't know where did mine go after 6 years

So how are you going to arrange the acros ? Like frags of certain kind in 1 and colonies of certain kind in another or just mixed with frags in some and colonies in some ?

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is that a Redsea prizm I see amidst all these new Deltecs ? :p
I don't know where did mine go after 6 years

So how are you going to arrange the acros ? Like frags of certain kind in 1 and colonies of certain kind in another or just mixed with frags in some and colonies in some ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Ha. Nice catch. Yeah the prism is the perfect hang on for a fish less qt. I threw my old mc600 at first on but it was just overkill.

As of now Everything's clustered under their appropriate lighting source but as I get adjusted I'll get more organized. Primary Mothers will stay together in the main and backup.

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching for a long time and this really came out nice. When you are ready a video walk through would b really nice for those of us that will never likely ever get to come and see where so many awesome are grown.

Thank you for sharing!

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely awesome! I am still saving to buy me one of those battle box I always here about from so many people. Lol. I was curious a couple of pages back you mentioned 2 heaters. Just wondering what kind they are, and opinion on them since you have had them running. Thanks.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Curious how you run the gyres. Are they steady flow for 20 min each direction or do you have them pulsing?
Great question

I have two on one side that run for about 25 minutes, both in random mode. Then the other side runs for about 30, so theres a short over lap that helps kick up any loose detritus towards the middle of the tank.

The 4 gyres more than adequately provide enough flow for the entire tank. In fact two would have been enough., but I wanted to have the flow alternate better. That was one of the problems I had on the old system. Everything flowed in one direction mostly, and made for some less than desirable laminar growth patterns. I was really delighted when I finally saw all four in action. The bottom glass is 100% free of detritus and the corals are getting every thing they need.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question

I have two on one side that run for about 25 minutes, both in random mode. Then the other side runs for about 30, so theres a short over lap that helps kick up any loose detritus towards the middle of the tank.

The 4 gyres more than adequately provide enough flow for the entire tank. In fact two would have been enough., but I wanted to have the flow alternate better. That was one of the problems I had on the old system. Everything flowed in one direction mostly, and made for some less than desirable laminar growth patterns. I was really delighted when I finally saw all four in action. The bottom glass is 100% free of detritus and the corals are getting every thing they need.
Do you keep fish in your systems? If so, which ones?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
did you ever follow up on the getting a legal well thing?

Nah, with the UHE RO/DI unit, its not really worth the effort. Waste is 1:1. Now if I could potentially feed the rest of my house with the well, then id be way more interested in researching it more, just don't think its possible here.

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have the UHE 1:1 rodi.. Is your the performance plus? mines having issues with not wanting to shut off and do the flush. The water obviously stops but the booster pump keeps running until I unplug it from the wall. Was just wondering if they wired it wrong at the spectrapure factory?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I see you have the UHE 1:1 rodi.. Is your the performance plus? mines having issues with not wanting to shut off and do the flush. The water obviously stops but the booster pump keeps running until I unplug it from the wall. Was just wondering if they wired it wrong at the spectrapure factory?

Hi there, yeah oddly enough it's a coupel quirks that has needed ironing out. Still trying too zero in on a glitch that is affecting proper float switch function. what unit do you have?

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are clueless, spent around 30 mins on the phone with them, nothing they tried worked.. even sent me a new control panel for it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back