!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on a video tour, that would be something to see ! !

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow, that is looking pretty industrial and streamlined. This is still out of your home, right? If so, are your neighbors aware of what you are up to, or have they sicked the DEA on you yet?

Hey thanks a lot! Yeah I get the occasional " What the heck ya got go-in up dare" from the local passerby. I mean I get it, but i don't really understand why a light that appears different than the norm, automatically leads to some kind of pot operation suspicion lol. Like I'd really be that brazen. People cant help but be curios though. It does look pretty weird from road.

I usually just keep things boring and say stuff like, "It's just saltwater fish", and their response is usually the same, a simple "Oh" sometime's followed by a "my sisters boyfriend has fish tank..." and maybe some clatter about an angelfish something or other.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would like to choose the chicken nugget option. McDonald's brand would be great! Lol great thread Adam!

What about those "dino-nuggets" those are pretty cool. I think I've seen some that look like Tie fighters as well.

bpeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks a lot! Yeah I get the occasional " What the heck ya got go-in up dare" from the local passerby. I mean I get it, but i don't really understand why a light that appears different than the norm, automatically leads to some kind of pot operation suspicion lol. Like I'd really be that brazen.

That type of operation would call for red/orange bulbs for bigger buds. So I heard...

Broadwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I'm trying man I promise. There's just something very unsettling about paying top dollar for "perfection" (their words), and ending up having to source and pay for material myself, to then spend a week fixing their screw ups. This is on top of specifics that were not completed as per my final drawing. All the while being treated like a schmuck for even trying to resolve it with them.

Here's an example of MRC's "perfection" at work. They did acknowledge the defect, then later claimed it was only "cosmetic". Saying the 1/8" welded ribbon on the outside was sufficient to hold the sump together. I disagreed.

WOW!!! I was seriously considering them for a new sump. Glad I went with a different company! Instead of My Reef Creations, it should be Many Reefers Complain, or My Reefsumps Crack! Guess I'll take them off my list of potential future sump manufacturers.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually just keep things boring and say stuff like, "It's just saltwater fish", and their response is usually the same, a simple "Oh" sometime's followed by a "my sisters boyfriend has fish tank..." and maybe some clatter about an angelfish something or other.

I LOL'd. This is the quintessential response from anyone that hears that I have a reef tank. I literally do my best to avoid bringing it up around people that don't know. It's basically how I feel when anyone mentions sports.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I LOL'd. This is the quintessential response from anyone that hears that I have a reef tank. I literally do my best to avoid bringing it up around people that don't know. It's basically how I feel when anyone mentions sports.

Ha you and me both! It's a funny thing. I admit, I don't fully understand the immediate assumption when it comes to the two lol. The general notion seems to be, "funny light, must be something funny going on" ;Facepalm

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had a few people ask me about the GEO reactor and the mod I did to it, so I figured I'd post a few shots and some details about what I did and why.

Here is the reactor before the mod. The mighty GEO 12x18!

Screenshot%202017-09-17%2009.37.19_zpsuvejqz84.png

Ultimately I wanted to get a really good lid on my sump, and the pipe work and manifold on the GEO made it difficult to do so. After some thoughts and ideas, and a bit of apprehension, I finally went ahead. I cut and rebuilt the pipe work, drilled a hole through the body, installed a uniseal and put everything back together. The top union became the new effluent output.

This mod turned out to be really helpful. Not only could I get the lid on my sump much tighter, it also made filling and toping off the rector much easier. Rather than fussing with the unions and pipework (I'll confess was always a pain on my smaller models and super clunky), I can loosen the screws, pop the lid and refill super easily. In fact, I liked this improved functionality so much, that I modded my other two GEO's the same way as well. I ran a smaller pipe about an inch down into the reactor on the effluent union so it doesn't bleed off all the Co2 that collects near the lid. The intake inside the reactor still pulls the excess C02 back through the pump and recirculates it, so performance is not changed at all. If anything it's enhanced a bit, and ease of use of considerably better.

IMG_0040_zpsld7d2ioz.jpg

IMG_0042_zpszhvtpggw.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back