!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, would you ever be up to making a video of how your new setup is? I would love to see the inner working you have going on in there!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, would you ever be up to making a video of how your new setup is? I would love to see the inner working you have going on in there!

Funny you should ask,

Had my friends from Coralvue back a few weeks ago and i think they are going to put another video together from their visit. Stay tuned.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was all excited to grab an overhead picture of Battlecorals HQ, but those pesky thunderstorms that rolled over you this morning kept us out over Lake Michigan!

Somewhere under those puffy white clouds...
46a5cc69ea49186153dd501334d71a26.jpg

I'll try again next week.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was all excited to grab an overhead picture of Battlecorals HQ, but those pesky thunderstorms that rolled over you this morning kept us out over Lake Michigan!

Somewhere under those puffy white clouds...
46a5cc69ea49186153dd501334d71a26.jpg

I'll try again next week.
COOL!

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey brother I've been out of the loop for awhile, your new setup looks amazing! Glad your doing well! I am about ready to start stocking my display so I will be hitting you up for a huge order within the month.... excellent work, congrats on the upgrade!!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would rather have a R.E. Dreambox for that price

UGH:( Man you don't even want to know the debacle I had with those jerks. MRC I mean.

Worst, and by far the most unprofessional experience as a paying customer I have ever had in my life. I've never been treated the way I was by them, Marvin V specifically. All I did, was hire them to build me a sump, and willingly hand over almost 5k.

What I got, was a messed up sump, of which they never took responsibility for, and I was insulted and condescended throughout the ordeal. I am truly blown away that they have a guy as arrogant and unprofessionally crass as Marvin V representing them.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH:( Man you don't even want to know the debacle I had with those jerks. MRC I mean.

Worst, and by far the most unprofessional experience as a paying customer I have ever had in my life. I've never been treated the way I was by them, Marvin V specifically. All I did, was hire them to build me a sump, and willingly hand over almost 5k.

What I got, was a messed up sump, of which they never took responsibility for, and I was insulted and condescended throughout the ordeal. I am truly blown away that they have a guy as arrogant and unprofessionally crass as Marvin V representing them.
Deep breaths Adam... deep breaths....

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Deep breaths Adam... deep breaths....

LOL I'm trying man I promise. There's just something very unsettling about paying top dollar for "perfection" (their words), and ending up having to source and pay for material myself, to then spend a week fixing their screw ups. This is on top of specifics that were not completed as per my final drawing. All the while being treated like a schmuck for even trying to resolve it with them.

Here's an example of MRC's "perfection" at work. They did acknowledge the defect, then later claimed it was only "cosmetic". Saying the 1/8" welded ribbon on the outside was sufficient to hold the sump together. I disagreed.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I'm trying man I promise. There's just something very unsettling about paying top dollar for "perfection" (their words), and ending up having to source and pay for material myself, to then spend a week fixing their screw ups. This is on top of specifics that were not completed as per my final drawing. All the while being treated like a schmuck for even trying to resolve it with them.

Here's an example of MRC's "perfection" at work. They did acknowledge the defect, then later claimed it was only "cosmetic". Saying the 1/8" welded ribbon on the outside was sufficient to hold the sump together. I disagreed.

That isn't a flaw, that is a perfectly designed and implemented continuous water change system. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must of been bad for such a nice guy to say such things.

Judging by your corals your hands are better at building perfection than any company!!

Let's see some more HQ shots!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Must of been bad for such a nice guy to say such things.

Judging by your corals your hands are better at building perfection than any company!!

Let's see some more HQ shots!!

Ask, and you shall receive:)

Here's an adorably distorted panoramic. Roughly 80 foot of glass tank, and another 30 behind me.

I really appreciate the post!

IMG_5014_zpse3upabox.jpg

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it!!! Awesome setup.

Next week we'll be requesting some coralline covered glass porthole pictures of some colonies.

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is looking pretty industrial and streamlined. This is still out of your home, right? If so, are your neighbors aware of what you are up to, or have they sicked the DEA on you yet?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back