OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 6' long, rock the GSP is on is about 4" diameter, GSP blob is about 13" * 9" * 6"
IMG_20231003_173724687~2.jpg

IMG_20230824_174653891.jpg
IMG_20230824_174553083.jpg

Mine is a variety that have all grown together but it's very much green, super bright. Purple mouth, long tentacles that curl. It's also a branching variety so it reaches wherever it can.
At first, I was worried about adding corals that might get "weedy," but I've decided to embrace it and fill this particular tank with things that other people have overgrowing or that are so easy to keep that they get weedy. I'm already doubting this is my last tank, so I think it's good to get back into practice and learn on things that are easy to get thriving and then at some point, I can figure out what I want to grow once I have all my husbandry/maintenance all figured out.

So...kind of like training corals. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Inexpensive or other people's cast off while I learn and grow myself and while I let my bank account recover from all the surgeries and hospital stays in the past several years. Then, when I've learned and financially I'm back where I want to be...I'll be ready.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter is getting released!!!!!
IMG_7893.jpeg

I’m going to be glad to be back home. I’ve spent the past 2 nights at the hospital with her. It’s been a LONG week, but she is doing so much better.

I’m not sure what I’m coming home to in my tank. Hopefully everything is holding steady where it was 2 days ago. I did do a feeding using my Kasa strip and plank last night. I plan on testing my water parameters as soon as I can.

I’m going to be so glad to bring her home!!!!

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home to a very unhappy looking tank and I’m feeling pretty down tonight. I tested my water:
IMG_7899.jpeg

Ammonia doesn’t look good. :crying-face:
IMG_7901.jpeg

But, still barely any nitrates.
IMG_7900.jpeg

And not a lot of phos.

What do we think?

I’m tempted to just wait and see. I do have water and could do a WC, but shouldn’t the ammonia convert to nitrates and bring that up soon?

Corals do look stressed, as does my nem.
IMG_7898.jpeg

IMG_7902.jpeg

The new photo filter is great, tho.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter wound up BACK in the hospital on Saturday. She had an infection in the vein her IV was in and they kept her overnight for IV antibiotics. Happily, she got released at a decent hour Sunday morning.

The tank looks great with super clear water and happy corals, but something seems to be going on with my snails. I keep finding one of them upside down and now he's kind of just pulled against his shell. I'm hoping he's just being dumb.

Happy Monday, everybody!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some snails are just kamikaze and are determined to die. They usually become hermit home donors.

Do you have a reliable way to receive packages yet? Or just the shady office pick up still?

So glad your daughter is back home. Hopefully she can stay home!

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a heck of a rough week after a rough week.

The tank is doing great. I even won one of the gift certificates from riptide, so I’ll be adding more zoas and easy care corals soon.

My daughter had an infection in the vein her IV was in and we had to spend another night in the hospital Saturday night so she could get IV antibiotics. On Sunday, my husband had another heart attack while he was in Madison, but again, his kidneys can’t handle a cardiac catheterization, so they released him. Then, Tuesday evening he was in Racine and had another heart attack. He was rushed to another hospital and again, his kidneys are so bad that the contrast dye could push him into dialysis.

I’m so very tired of hospitals.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a heck of a rough week after a rough week.

The tank is doing great. I even won one of the gift certificates from riptide, so I’ll be adding more zoas and easy care corals soon.

My daughter had an infection in the vein her IV was in and we had to spend another night in the hospital Saturday night so she could get IV antibiotics. On Sunday, my husband had another heart attack while he was in Madison, but again, his kidneys can’t handle a cardiac catheterization, so they released him. Then, Tuesday evening he was in Racine and had another heart attack. He was rushed to another hospital and again, his kidneys are so bad that the contrast dye could push him into dialysis.

I’m so very tired of hospitals.
Oh I am so sorry! On a happier note, you could do a tsa fireworks clove polyp, very easy care, and so beautiful! (Your tank will look very full with that coral)

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I am so sorry! On a happier note, you could do a tsa fireworks clove polyp, very easy care, and so beautiful! (Your tank will look very full with that coral)
Ooooo…that’s a great idea!

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not tell you how hardy these things are. I have a rock full of them, and during when I had dinos, they were 90% dissolved, and now they are back to normal!
Sounds perfect for my beginner-ish tank! Thanks!

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice looking Zoas!
Zoas seem to love my tank so far and I love how many colors combinations they come in. I think I could probably do a whole tank of zoas as long as I had a couple of things in there to add a little movement. :star-struck: They've always been my favorite coral.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I figured that I HAVE to have GBP's in my tank since I live in WI, but the Blue Jays and Daisy Cutters I wanted because they're SOOO pretty.
Well, don't tell anyone but I'm fairly certain the RTA Green Bay Packers are actually Radioactive Dragon Eyes based on the mouth. I could be wrong though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back