A new tank

kintle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I bought a tank from a guy on a facebook group I'm in. It was listed at $500 for a 100gal tank with stand, light, sump, uv sterilizer, pumps and power heads and ato. Went to see it and though didnt like the cube shaped the seals were all in good condition, and other than some cleaning needed was a good tank.
I got it home and on the stand and overall I'm happy with it. Would rather it were longer or rectangular instead of cubed. I just measured it out at 28.5"x28.5"x22" I ran a calc on volume and am comming up at 75 gal not 100 which is annoying but still an upgrade from what I have (28gal nano) the light is a t5 aquatic life. Which I'm not familiar with and am assuming will have to replace. I've never had a t5 but was wanting to go with a t5/led hybrid with this build. The power heads are all various jebaos all differant but there's three. The sump and ato have euro fil stickers not familiar with the company but they are acrylic and look serviceable. I'm already thinking of looking at a trigger sump to replace it with before plumbing. The plumbing had all been cut out but is present. I'm going to redo all of the plumbing I dont like how sloppy what's there looks and it's all ball valves not gate valves. The return pump is a Rio 310 it looks beefy but will probably replace if not immeadiatly soon after cycling. The skimmer was a bubble magnus 5. Its surprisingly clean.
I'm guessing he called it 100 gal because of the sump vol. Was wondering if anybody has advice on things to replace sooner than later, advice on equipment, or thoughts on current equipment. Also anybody think this was a good deal at 500 bucks or was I just excited to upgrade and jumped to soon.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 107 81.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back