A Power Filter That Works!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the Marineland Magnum Polishing Filter with pool grade Diatomaceous Earth. It will catch bacteria, free swimming parasites and ofc any particles. Charge it up with about 6 tablespoons in a bucket.

It a good replacement for the Vortex.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I used. It’ll make a lot more sense when you have all of the parts and start putting it together. I believe I also replied to your comment on the video as well. In the video description I put direct links to all of these items used to build it as well.
Thank you for the reply. I ordered everything on Amazon today. Really keen to see if this helps with my water snow

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly is the difference between this and using your normal filtration? Never seen these before.
Power filters as explained in the video will create a vacuum once the wool is clogged so that when anything such as dinoflagellates passes through it rips the cells apart so to speak and destroys them. It’s also great at clearing any floating particles in the tank or sump. It’s basically a water polisher on steroids.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back