Add a FW subforum, hear me out!

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most happenin' fish tank forum on the web with the best designed website and mobile website.

Can we PLS add a FW subforum? I post on another forum for my FW tank but I would love to bring it here! All the FW forums that I have found are slow, and the mobile sites are awful.

Help FW help you!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We’ve tried it before but we’re open to the discussion. Can we get about 50 members that want it? Let’s get 50 posts for it and see what happens.

Also thanks for the kind words. ;)

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a freshwater forum I go-to that pretty active. I don't go as much anymore. Salt side has grabbed me. But for freshwater references on my 3 freshwater that's where I go. A sub forum wouldn't hurt here though could be a new endorsement opportunity to get some fresh vendors in here.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally was always bored with FW. Never really looked for a community to share things with. Saltwater is way more gripping.

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh planted tanks can get pretty in depth. But let's be honest once you learn nitrogen cycle and hone in on fertilizer for the plants freshwater is over. Reefs have so much more to learn and handle. Corals fish did I say corals yet lol

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only see a fw forum causing all kinds of confusion. I dont frequent specific forums, I click on "new post". I'm sure I'm not the only one, and it would frustration the heck out of me to wade through fw threads for relevant information.

Keep the site salt water only.

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only see a fw forum causing all kinds of confusion. I dont frequent specific forums, I click on "new post". I'm sure I'm not the only one, and it would frustration the heck out of me to wade through fw threads for relevant information.

Keep the site salt water only.
Yeah I can see alot of sick Bettas in bowls in forum if it took off on here. I can agree with that

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 fresh water tanks and have tried several of the most popular FW forums with less than stellar results. Enough so that I have not visited one in years. I would absolutely not be opposed to a sub-forum as long as it was completely separate from the salty side.
In my opinion, R2R is so successful because of the leadership (that would be you @revhtree), the moderation team, the outstanding members, and the fact that we focus primarily on all thing salty.
That being said, if there were a sub-forum that was completely seperated from the SW side, and designed where FW enthusiasts could gather without putting an undue strain on an already hard working staff, I'd be all for it.

EDIT: In hindsight, I guess that's a pretty tall order.

Last edited:

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like all things aquarium related and would love to have a freshwater side to peruse and renew my interest in it, as well as have more community to engage with. I agree that setting it up as separate would be the most ideal scenario, but that would probably be akin to starting a whole new reef2reef and I’m sure logistically that’s probably more than the staff is interested in.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i agree there are many beautiful fw tanks,interesting fish,have seen quite a few in my short time here,lots of salty's have a fw also,and bonus ,we can "lure" them into the salty side ;)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Although I think it would be neat, this is REEF TO REEF as we know it about REEFS, and we must ask- what’s next ........ reptiles, then birds ?
We need to keep it to reef. As a former pet store owner, I welcome freshwater issues and am happy to answer many concerns.

OP
OP
count krunk

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think fw sw are Ying and yang. Going to birds or reptiles isn't in relevant discussion and doesn't tie into the main vibes of fw sw.

It's just a bummer on slow forums.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back