Ai prime on 10g need help setting up

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bought an ai prime HD for my 10gallon reef tank need advice on how to set this thing up I’m running a pirates of the Caribbean setting the tank dimensions are 20L 12H 8W have the light mounted about 10 inches off water surface
Have the acclimation mode on at 30% for 20 days

By the looks of it the light will run st 2:30 around it’s max power at 27w does that sound right to y’all? I’m new to this light.

If anyone got some good builds let me know I’ll check them out. Picture of my tank so you guys can see corals and such

6DE5D402-40EF-4C47-BA66-966A028AAA4D.jpeg

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine. Would run acclimation mode few days minimum. Then you can tinker with it and adjust to your likings. I would keep Max whites under 20% at their peak. I like my colors to be near 100% except for greens and reds.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine. Would run acclimation mode few days minimum. Then you can tinker with it and adjust to your likings. I would keep Max whites under 20% at their peak. I like my colors to be near 100% except for greens and reds.
So around 230pm the schedule has 30% white i usually light the more white but heard it makes slot of algae and to keep them low

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lps and softies. LTA? Bad with anemones lol.

Your acclimation plan sounds good. Take a look at the AI signature series of tanks. Several were polyp or lps dominate tanks.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lps and softies. LTA? Bad with anemones lol.

Your acclimation plan sounds good. Take a look at the AI signature series of tanks. Several were polyp or lps dominate tanks.
My anemone Ben playing nice hasn’t grown too much once it gets dangerous I’ll movd it will be moving to a 32 biocube new like 10 months so hopefully they don’t get dangerous yet

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemone Ben playing nice hasn’t grown too much once it gets dangerous I’ll movd it will be moving to a 32 biocube new like 10 months so hopefully they don’t get dangerous yet

Oh didnt mean to warn against the nem, was trying to state i am bad at discerning one from another :)

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every tank is a different, but I've found that my Primes will cause photoinhibition and slowly kill even some acropora over the course of a few weeks if I bring the wattage much over 22W (with either the 20,000k color preset or the BRS AB+ settings I've used). That's with the light only 7" off of the surface, though so at 10 inches you could probably get away with a little more. These lights are more powerful than people make them out to be and IMO there are a half-dozen things that are more important to the growth of healthy coral than any specific light setting or spectrum. With your tank dimensions I'd consider keeping it at 10" height, setting the max wattage a little lower (maybe 23-24 watts) and acclimate corals slowly over the course of two weeks if possible by starting out at maybe 15 watts and ramping up from there.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every tank is a different, but I've found that my Primes will cause photoinhibition and slowly kill even some acropora over the course of a few weeks if I bring the wattage much over 22W (with either the 20,000k color preset or the BRS AB+ settings I've used). That's with the light only 7" off of the surface, though so at 10 inches you could probably get away with a little more. These lights are more powerful than people make them out to be and IMO there are a half-dozen things that are more important to the growth of healthy coral than any specific light setting or spectrum. With your tank dimensions I'd consider keeping it at 10" height, setting the max wattage a little lower (maybe 23-24 watts) and acclimate corals slowly over the course of two weeks if possible by starting out at maybe 15 watts and ramping up from there.

Oo thanks for the advice think the peak is 27wat

Back