Ai primes paired with a hydra?

Sgendron66

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. This is my first post, and first tank. Decided to get the waterbox marinex 110.4 back in July. I have been extremely happy with customer service and quality. My only gripe is the suggested lighting (2 ai primes). I know there are similar posts but none address my question. I am currently building a mixed reef and have a stag, poci, and digi in my upper 2/3s. The stag is growing great but not much from the other 2. My LPS and softies are happy but not thriving. I need more light, so instead of buying all new lights immediately I was considering adding a 3rd prime, or even a hydra in the center overflow. Has anyone run a hydra and 2 primes? Besides being not as visually pleasing because I'm a bit ocd. Is there an issue with this set up? I've also considered just selling the 2 primes and going with the photon 48 pro. Anyways, this is my tank. Thanks for feedback.
20211102_211127.jpg
20211102_203314.jpg
20210824_224840.jpg
20211114_203144.jpg
IMG_20210820_100005_637.jpg
46062.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new