Ammonia

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good you're feeling this stress burn after ignoring the thread linked to you :)

You'll either learn from that feeling of not enjoying reefing, by seeing 33 pages of those that do, or you won't and you'll continue fighting a false stall. Read the link, save your stress. Ignore the link, tank gets taken down soon I call this a consequential choice. It's not like the thread was read and theres a legit question or debate about a case on file

Its being ignored totally, so your enjoyment of reefing is dropped. Choose another way

We didn't get to 33 pages of perfect cycles by luck, you have a way to enjoy reefing + be focusing on Jay's disease forum before adding fish to your reef which is cycled.

Last edited:

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good you're feeling this stress burn after ignoring the thread linked to you :)

You'll either learn from that feeling of not enjoying reefing, by seeing 33 pages of those that do, or you won't and you'll continue fighting a false stall. Read the link, save your stress. Ignore the link, tank gets taken down soon I call this a consequential choice. It's not like you read the thread and have a legit question or debate about a parochial case shown there

Its being ignored totally, so your enjoyment of reefing is dropped. Choose another way

We didn't get to 33 pages of perfect cycles by luck, you have a way to enjoy reefing + be focusing on Jay's disease forum before adding fish to your reef which is cycled.
Are you saying a fish disease is causing @Chucky coral mystery? Although I agree ammonia is not likely to be the vector, something is ticking off his coral. How about helping rather than alienating?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Chucky , for what it’s worth I would normally question lighting, heating, flow and salinity first but considering you have another tank running without a problem I’m assuming you’ve got those things nailed down. I don’t suppose your Cyano has gas pockets trapped in it ?

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I changed through out the past few weeks was I swapped to the deadlights 10hr schedule for my ai prime in 15 days I lost 2 acan with several heads
Not sure what dead lights means? Can you post your light schedule and intensity?
$40 led blue/white corallife led light and they’re absolutely thriving the very next day!!

OP
OP
Chucky

Chucky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what dead lights means? Can you post your light schedule and intensity?
This was it during the acclimation for 7 days at 84%

Attachments

• 72D69425-890F-4B1F-911A-B897D7DE49B7.png
    72D69425-890F-4B1F-911A-B897D7DE49B7.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 25
  • D7FE67EE-FAAA-4800-9139-A8EAEDD9608B.png
    D7FE67EE-FAAA-4800-9139-A8EAEDD9608B.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
Chucky

Chucky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Chucky , for what it’s worth I would normally question lighting, heating, flow and salinity first but considering you have another tank running without a problem I’m assuming you’ve got those things nailed down. I don’t suppose your Cyano has gas pockets trapped in it ?
I’m not sure but I can almost certainly confirm cyano as of this morning at 430am no signs of algea accept little green in sand bed

OP
OP
Chucky

Chucky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You'll either learn from that feeling of not enjoying reefing, by seeing 33 pages of those that do, or you won't and you'll continue fighting a false stall. Read the link, save your stress. Ignore the link, tank gets taken down soon I call this a consequential choice. It's not like you read the thread and have a legit question or debate about a parochial case shown there

I didn’t ignore anything I read it all and well now that corals have been affected and I’ve lost some due to whatever issue is going on it’s a bit different and again if you read my update post my wife’s tank is doing fine, my fish are healthy and doing fine fish aren’t the issue here at all. It’s the same fish I’ve had for 3 months now excluding 1 that died (scooter bleeny)

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t ignore anything I read it all and well now that corals have been affected and I’ve lost some due to whatever issue is going on it’s a bit different and again if you read my update post my wife’s tank is doing fine, my fish are healthy and doing fine fish aren’t the issue here at all. It’s the same fish I’ve had for 3 months now excluding 1 that died (scooter bleeny)
Appears chemipure blue maybe good;

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d still put it in, just for the activated carbon portion, however large that is. Someone must have ripped one apart and had a peek?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so would you recommend running some carbon or no?

I don’t know if it will help your specific issues or not, but there’s rarely a good reason to not use some GAC.

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If reading correctly, everything was okay from Sept 18 until a couple of days ago. If the corals went downhill after fragging the leather and changing the light schedule, I'd look there first. I would not worry about the ammonia. What were your lights at previously? 7 days is not much of an acclimation IMHO. Get some GAC in there for the toxins that most likely were released by fragging the leather.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not entirely sure what my exact issues are tbh that’s why I’m here posting ‍♂️

Im not certain which exact issue you are trying to diagnose and solve. Can you clarify?

OP
OP
Chucky

Chucky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not certain which exact issue you are trying to diagnose and solve. Can you clarify?
My test kits are showing ammonia, nitrite and nitrates
Nh3/nh4 1.0ppm
No2 .025ppm
No3/no4 50ppm
Via api test

salinity 1.025 via refrac
Phosphate 0.380ppm via Hannah ulr
Ph 8.0 or real close via api
Dkh 9 via Hannah
Temp is 78-79

I have corals dying and not doing well fish are fine and healthy, I’ve lost 2 acan colonies in the past few days

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back