Anemone help

Freddy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 rainbow bubble tip anemones and they're are bagged just had them in a 6 hour trip and one is splitting and the other one has a white ring around its mouth. I Have them bagged up but my car broke down and I won't be able to make it back home until Sunday what should I do? Should I just leave them in the bag? What steps can I take to make sure they survive?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take them back to the fish store (Uber)

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe get some fresh salt water and an air bubbler from walmart with air-stone and oxygenate the water... Try and keep temps up...

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uber to a fish store and ask for help. Fresh slat h20, air stone, styrofoam box. Or see if they can hold them for you.

NewGoby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that you run your tank cold enough to sustain these animals, they require far lower temperatures than any other coral, and dont often live long in regular salt water tanks

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that you run your tank cold enough to sustain these animals, they require far lower temperatures than any other coral, and dont often live long in regular salt water tanks
What? It’s a rbta. The easiest nem to keep. At normal reef tank temps

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read into these, Rainbow BTA's are commonly found in colder waters, and dont often last long at warmer temperatures, regular BTA's are fine.
I don’t know where you read that, but I can assure you it’s not true. There is at least 7 years of lineage in my rbta’s.
06370C4D-1377-4B45-98F7-CA6C4B7DEAC4.jpeg

FE24DA39-C910-4B01-A111-5A9173F4B89A.jpeg

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read into these, Rainbow BTA's are commonly found in colder waters, and dont often last long at warmer temperatures, regular BTA's are fine.

Where are you reading this?
For the OP, I say leave them in the bags if they are still in there even, and take your chances. The expense to “attempt” to save them probably isn’t worth it, so just hope for the best.

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep temp maybe a drop of Seachem Prime don’t worry about light and most importantly oxygen

The first people to keep reef tanks were the romans keeping anemones but they didn’t last long

Along comes Anna thyne who stressed changing out water and “aerating it” as we currently understand the important thing here NEIN oxygen and water surface agitation has exchange etc.

Anyways she simply poured the water from a certain heights to “mix and aerate” it.

“She then transferred them to a glass bowl, changing the water every other day. Not having enough of a supply to continue to replace the seawater, she then switched to aerating it by transferring the water between vessels in front of an open window. This task was usually undertaken by her servant.”

That last sentence didn’t need to be included but eh lol : ) good luck hope they make it!

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say don’t worry about light cause I’m envisioning your in a hotel room while car is fixed and setting them on a window sill would probably be too much par (guessing) and would overheat them

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw by doing this she kept stony corals and spongnes for 3 years who knows what else forgot what he book was called

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hm interesting, could you DM me some more info? Tank temperatures etc?
Go to the last post. My parameters have been that for over a year.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back