Anemone looking really bad that I got from friend

militiaspack

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this from a friend and its not looking too hot :/
Condylactis Anemone is the name of it. any suggestions?
 
attach some picture, so people can see It. Anemone needs times to settle, just like corals
 
sorry I thought I had
attach some picture, so people can see It. Anemone needs times to settle, just like corals

image0.jpeg
 
As long as it’s not melting, it should be fine. Did you acclimated him?
 
Is he in your tank?
currently no because he was given to me from a friends tank who didn't look so hot, he kinda ok but slowly looked worse and got smaller, was given to me about a week ago and I was worried he was dying so I moved him to a bucket for now.
 
As long as it’s not melting, it should be fine. Did you acclimated him?
yes I did, he was somewhat ok earlier in the week but got worse :/ I was worried he was dying so I moved him to a bucket for now
 
yes I did, he was somewhat ok earlier in the week but got worse :/ I was worried he was dying so I moved him to a bucket for now
Not recommended put him to a bucket. At least he will need a heater and some flow. You can google anemone care. Like I said,if he’s not melting away, he’s not did.
 
Not recommended put him to a bucket. At least he will need a heater and some flow. You can google anemone care. Like I said,if he’s not melting away, he’s not did.
I'm just worried because tbh at this point I removed him and put him into a bucket because he is sealed up and looks to be dead, maybe melting?
 
Check this out. Dave pretty much cover everything about anemone
 
Not melting just mad...put him back in the tank...reacclimate...hes probably cold.
 
I had one that completely turned into a loose ball of snot and still recovered. I wouldn't have given it one chance in a million of surviving but it did. So don't write it off yet.
 
It is normal for a condylactis to ball up, but not for an extended period of time. Should open up within a few hours. You will need water flow. Can you put it in a basket or specimen box and float in the tank? As long as it is hot dissolving, there should be a turn around.

Will need better pics to help determine on health.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new