Anemones Help Mine are Dying

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R and sorry for your nems :( people here can help :)
goofy movie hello GIF

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's definitely the Vibrant.
Last year I was unable to reverse the effects of dosing Vibrant in my anemone tank even though I stopped dosing and did many water changes when I noticed the decline. Eventually lost all 20 of my RBTAs.

OP
OP
workcompman

workcompman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's definitely the Vibrant.
Last year I was unable to reverse the effects of dosing Vibrant in my anemone tank even though I stopped dosing and did many water changes when I noticed the decline. Eventually lost all 20 of my RBTAs.
I am really sorry to hear that I feel bad for you. I have had my guys for 10 years if they die I will file a law suit against Vibrant and everyone can join in they tout this product as safe how many more people has this happened to we need to get the word out about the garbage

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read up a lot on Vibrant before using it on an anemone tank and most claimed it was fine and only a handful that stated that it did not do well with anemones, this is 350+ pages so I took a chance.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the only thing you’ve done differently is add vibrant I would stop using and see if they recover. Maybe do a few water changes

I know it has its uses, but I lost 2 elegance corals after adding it so....

Welcome to R2R!!!

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Sorry to hear about your nems. It may be possible that the water was contaminated with something. have you done any work around the house. Is it possible something fell into the tank.I would do a large water change as others have mentioned.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you have metal rusting in the tank? Cracked heater? Magnet rusting away and finally split wide open?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems the consensus is that addition of Vibrant is the cause. What was going on with your tank that lead you to start using Vibrant?

Also, I didn't see any mention of your ALK levels. I had a similar issue with the BTAs in my tank and the cause was low ALK.

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really sorry to hear that I feel bad for you. I have had my guys for 10 years if they die I will file a law suit against Vibrant and everyone can join in they tout this product as safe how many more people has this happened to we need to get the word out about the garbage
I stopped using as I too have noticed small side effects from the stuff. Noticed a bit of cyano. If the only change is the Vibrant. Than I think you know the culprit.

Welcome to the Forum!! Lots of great info here, lots of different perspectives. Please keep us updated. Hope it all works out.

Last edited:

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. If Vibrant is the only change you have made, it makes sense to stop using it immediately and do a large water change. Don't change anything else as the tank has been stable and happy for quite some time. See if this shows improvement continue the course. Best to you.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back