Another Missing fish......

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i came back from vacation to an other wise normal tank except a missing blenny that i had for almost 2 years. Lawnmower blenny.
So last night i bought a male melanarus wrasse to work on my brittle worms... within and hour of being in the tank after a 1.5 hour acclimation poof, he's gone too... no trace anywhere !!!!!
Even if it died, where did it go so fast....
I also bought a large carpet anemone but i was watching them for a long time. Wrasse was already missing before the nem was settled. I watched for about 2-3 hours before going to bed. No sign of the wrasse and the nem was just started to settle.
This morning still no sign of him and the carpet is settled in nice, open to about 10 inches.
I've checked the over flows, one of them i can only see a little portion since it is on the corner and i can't get back there but the other is empty and the sump is empty as well...
Where are these fish going?

at a last thought.... Could my golden head gobie be killing them? but again even if possible where did the fish go...
The blenny has survived everything... including a PBT beating the crap out of it.
the Golden head gobie i have had for about 6 months and he's never shown aggression towards anything. I also have a very small yellow watchmen gobie. He tries to be tough every once in a while but all he does is stand up to defend his cave. Never ever leaves, and besides he's tiny...

Where did my Blenny and new Wrasse go ????

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanarus will hide. Completely normal. I've had one hide over a month

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa i just found him dug in the sand... How do i even know if its alive... its completely dug, i was passing an led flash light and saw some of his colors...

Rattooth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes , wrasses hide in sand. But also some jump. So for future , make sure he can't jump out. Glad you found him sleeping.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa i just found him dug in the sand... How do i even know if its alive... its completely dug, i was passing an led flash light and saw some of his colors...
If dead they usually emerge. Never had one die in the sand that I know of

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By that I mean dead wrasse die when not in sand and you find them dead generally, not that they are zombies and emerge dead lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back