Another small Gigantea anemone

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a small, only about 3 inches, multi-color Gigantea anemone last night. I am just a sucker for save-able
Gigantea Anemone. I suppose this due to trying so hard to keep these over the years. Anyway, he is in my QT system, looking OK for being in my QT system for about 12 hrs. When I got him, under poor light he seem to have some purple, but under good bright daylight, he seem to be mostly green with other colors. He is stressed with mostly bleached, but still have patches of zooxanthellae in him. With good stable water parameter, with good circulation and bright light, he should recover quickly. I have antibiotic on hand to treat if need.
Observe him closely and ready to treat him if needed. Hope that he will not need to be treat with antibiotic.
I got all king of things in my QT system. Some SPS, Colt coral and Macro algae also. I got a Percula pair in the tank, hope they will find him soon.
Gigantea2018022402.jpg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture today. Exceptional feeding response. He was able to capture Mysis and eat them despise the clowns trying to take these Mysis from him. This is extremely good prognosis factor. Here he is, able to catch multiple Mysis without me intentional squirt Mysis to him. I was not feeding him but the PH just blew them into him. His mouth is open to eat the Mysis.
Gigantea2018022501.jpg

Last edited:

xellos88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we have the same Gig. Following to see if it colors up for you.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful GIG. Such amazing colors.
It is the LED light. Early in the day so not 100% bright. I was not try to be accurate, just a picture to show his health so did not try really hard to make the color accurate. Ideally I should wait until the light at 100%, then the picture would be much accurate in color, plus I would actually use my camera instead of my phone.
I wish the true color of the anemone is like in the last picture. Wouldn't be nice?
I think he will be multi-color but more like the first picture.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rid of that bubble algae next to it tho!!!! That stuff is kicking my butt in my tank lol

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dbraun15 is correct. This is my QT system so I have a lot of diversity in it, lots of macro algae, lots of pods and fauna in the rock and sand. It is a fully mature stable small reef (40 gal). That way I can get sensitive animals acclimate to tank life with as little stress as I can.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He look like a Haddoni to me. How did you decided that he is a hybrid? Not saying that you are wrong, just interested in what you see in this carpet to cause you to say that he is a hybrid. I have had Hybrid before so I do know that they cross breed.

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He look like a Haddoni to me. How did you decided that he is a hybrid? Not saying that you are wrong, just interested in what you see in this carpet to cause you to say that he is a hybrid. I have had Hybrid before so I do know that they cross breed.

the picture quality sucks , im sorry , i can see both styles of tentacles thru-out the whole nem ..... some really shaggy and some mixed tight tentacles , but looking closer at him i would say yes he is more Haddoni , i was sharing a pic of mine that has grown very well for me.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back