Any Skimz skimmer owners

  • Thread starter Thread starter TCoach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TCoach

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
648
Reaction score
611
Location
SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, took a gamble on a Skimz SM203 skimmer today. LFS had it but could not get it running (had E2 error). I picked it up for $50 figuring worse case I would have to replace the pump.

Brought it home and found out E2 is the error for low voltage. The pump wanted 24v and they had grabbed a 12v power supply. Found a 24v power supply from another pump, and now it seems to be working. The pump is soaking in a citric acid bath to clean it up.

Anyway, looking for any advice on getting it setup. How deep do you normally run it? I’m upgrading from a Curve S, so this is a big step up (if it will fit in my sump).

Worse case is I have a great addition to my 120 build.

Thanks,
-TCoach

40650AD9-0896-4637-B3D0-ACAFB79C816E.jpeg
4ACFFF28-7A2C-4ACE-A44A-C1A6BE30CEB1.jpeg
8425B3BF-C9D2-46CE-B2E5-77FB897F0DAE.jpeg
1340EE17-8C43-4FED-A435-0A17BECA65D1.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new