Anyone know what this coral is?

rhpmiller

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2021
Messages
161
Reaction score
111
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It came with my shipment of other corals, and was in the same bag as my purple/blue trumpet. However, it does not look like a trumpet. Any ideas?

IMG_6291.jpg
IMG_6292.jpg
IMG_6293.jpg
 
Looks like it could be some sort of favia can't tell though.
 
Looks like it could be some sort of favia can't tell though.
That was my initial guess too.

I've been informed it's a toxic splatter goniastrea, which is a type of favia/favites. Now I know. ha.
 
Nice let us know how things turn out with it.
 
It's gonna be real fun once it settles in , feeding them some chunky foods will make them pretty happy.
 
That was my initial guess too.

I've been informed it's a toxic splatter goniastrea, which is a type of favia/favites. Now I know. ha.
Favia, Favites, and Goniastrea are three different genera with a similar appearance. None are types of the other. Sorry, I don’t mean to be a stickler.
 
General care is the same though if I remember.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new