Aquarium solutions 101

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stopped by this shop today in Hopewell junction aquarium solutions 101. Great guy nice clean store just opened last year. Let’s give him some support and business we need good lfs like this in the area to stick around
did you buy anything?
I was in a month ago , lots of bigger fish and high end corals , store looks clean !

Just stopped by this shop today in Hopewell junction aquarium solutions 101. Great guy nice clean store just opened last year. Let’s give him some support and business we need good lfs like this in the area to stick around

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 3 small fish (2 firefish and a candy hogfish) from him about a month ago -- all are healthy and doing well. The firefish are paired up and sleep together every night in a nest they make in the sand.

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you buy anything?
I was in a month ago , lots of bigger fish and high end corals , store looks clean !
I did he had some smaller fish and he can order anything you want. Ended up with a pistol shrimp a hi fin goby and a Duncan. A lot of coral that we’re out of by budget right now and mostly bigger fish. I’m just thrilled to have a lfs 15 minutes from home

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone been here or to Pete's lately? Thinking about making the trip out from Newburg Saturday with my son.

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone been here or to Pete's lately? Thinking about making the trip out from Newburg Saturday with my son.
I was at aquarium 101 last weekend kinda light on stock said he’s getting a delivery after the new year or second week in January can’t remember exactly. Maybe give him a ring see what he’s got in ?

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at aquarium 101 last weekend kinda light on stock said he’s getting a delivery after the new year or second week in January can’t remember exactly. Maybe give him a ring see what he’s got in ?
Or hit up Pete’s also haven’t been there in a while both pretty close to eachothefv

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Solutions 101 is set up really well. The tanks and store are clean, lots of fish and coral to choose from, but over priced in my humble opinion. For example, a skunk clownfish was $35 while PetCo sells it for $20. Most fish were around the $100 mark. The coral prices were completely unrealistic. I walked in with $200 to spend and when I was quoted prices I decided to keep my money. You can get much better prices online with delivery to your door. It’s a shame because we need a good LFS in the area. Sadly, I think this store will be out of business by next Christmas.

I was surprised to see that Pete’s was still in business. This store was quite a contrast. It was dirty, a good percentage of fish were dying in the tanks. Pete and his assistance are woefully uniformed. They told me a soft coral was an Australian Stoney coral. Again, it was another huge disappointment. I don’t know how his business survives.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t look at coral. Fish seemed fair though. I didn’t look at all of them but I saw:

black cap basslet $99, those are $100-125 online.

I grabbed a captive bred Bengai Cardinal and a Royal Gramma and Paid $55 for both.

mandarins were $34. He had Blue Assesors for $75 which I thought was a great price.

swalesi basslets for $80.

yellow Corris wrasse $34

he brings in higher end fish too but those are expensive in general. he seemed pretty in tune with fish pricing online.

corals I didn’t even bother to check pricing, it was very high when I went there the first time though.

I never got to Pete’s, but it doesn’t sound like a place I’d enjoy.

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve Have been going to Pete’s for years , I think since he has another store in an affluent town he tries to price his stuff the same here. I’ve gotten several nice fish from him , Some Have been living for years, no quarantine, And others died right away and were replaced free. His corals seem to be growing huge , due to the high prices , I do enjoy going there and talking with him, and trying to negotiate.
A few months ago I went to The new store 101, seems so high end in a strip mall , clean tanks , little dry goods , the rent must be so high!I did notice most fish were over the 125$ price , Exotic butterflies, basic tangs, small angels , most healthy, but a few were scratching bad ,even the eels, but the corals looked good , the owner told me that one gigantic lps colony was $1500 going to a restaurant, I think it’s great there both local .

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back