Aquatic Life RODI Buddie Problems?

fiddledragon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[UPDATE - I reset all my tubing and that fixed the leaking. THANK YOU!!!]

Hi - I'm installing my AquaticLife RODI Buddie 50g system, and I feel like I'm being gaslit.

I was able to connect the tubing just fine.

I found couplings so I could attach it to the shower (the only place I can reasonably do this - my sink faucet doesn't have the connections needed to use it at all).

Once we got the connection at the shower figured out an (mostly) not leaking, all of the rest of the connections are leaking - ESPECIALLY the filtered water tube connection. This is useless! I would also expect more water to come out of the waste tubing than the filtered water tubing, but...nope. Barely anything out of the waste tubing.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Or did I just get a defective one?

Last edited:

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I'm installing my AquaticLife RODI Buddie 50g system, and I feel like I'm being gaslit.

I was able to connect the tubing just fine.

I found couplings so I could attach it to the shower (the only place I can reasonably do this - my sink faucet doesn't have the connections needed to use it at all).

Once we got the connection at the shower figured out an (mostly) not leaking, all of the rest of the connections are leaking - ESPECIALLY the filtered water tube connection. This is useless! I would also expect more water to come out of the waste tubing than the filtered water tubing, but...nope. Barely anything out of the waste tubing.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Or did I just get a defective one?
Can you put up a picture of how you have it connected to your shower?

I have found that connecting to a garden hose works best for me.

Also did you buy the RO pre-assembled or did you assemble it yourself?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back