Are these zoas?

Rham1281

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2022
Messages
116
Reaction score
163
Location
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these from my LFS and they look like the have a zoa-like polyp, but they're quite tall.
Any thoughts?
20221228_141907.jpg
 
They've been closed for a couple days now. I've got a patch of purple clove polyps around their base which I'm assuming is why they're closed up.

Thanks!
 
Probably a light hungry palythoa could be a zoa. Some palys and zoas do this when the don't get enough light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new