ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be willing to purchase 4 of these to try BUT once again mounting options suck. It wasn’t until I got the straton brackets I was happy with them.
Mount?
images

Last edited:

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frankly not much will.
Got to be pretty stiff to keep from bowing.

I agree, that’s still my beef with ATI is the rail and brackets should’ve been released with the lights here in the US. Same goes for these lights. I enjoy trying new lights but probably not best for my tank or my marriage

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree, that’s still my beef with ATI is the rail and brackets should’ve been released with the lights here in the US. Same goes for these lights. I enjoy trying new lights but probably not best for my tank or my marriage

ATI has NEVER had good mounting options. It has always been their achilles heel.

mikeg18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very difficult to mount especially for me who would want to mount them rotated 90 degrees for a 30” deep tank

mikeg18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)
I saw that. Thanks. Was hoping someone knew more about this company. Seem new to the US

PanhandleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three Stratons preordered. Now I’ve found these:
Surprising you actually found a place to preorder. Most places I have contacted said they have no idea when they will be in stock so currently not taking orders.

jcosta98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)
Know someone running a full blast SPS cube with one of these , they are perfect . They are a little bit more expensive than the stratons too :D Cost like 50% more than the stratons. they also sell led bars to compliment the coverage

mikeg18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprising you actually found a place to preorder. Most places I have contacted said they have no idea when they will be in stock so currently not taking orders.
Contact ATI US dealers. Some are more willing than others. Rumor is the next 4-8 weeks I believe. How many are coming is the wild card.

I don’t believe they’re double the price of the Stratons. Check your work ;)

mikeg18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or 50% more lol. The Stratons are 1100. The GNC 1200. At least that what I have been offered

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - I've learned so much about my new ATI Straton lights by following this great thread - so thank you. Now I need some help. I have been trying to update my ATI Straton lights to the latest firmware shown on the AIT North America site, version: 2.3.1 Every time I run the firmware upgrade I get a message that firmware upgrade completed successfully. However, when I restart the ATI Straton application and go into "settings" it still is showing that I am running the older version: 2.1.9

I've contacted ATI North America Support and they told me to do a hard reset on each of my lights (I have four) and then do the firmware update after directly connecting the light via my PC (RJ45 connection). Still no success. Anyone else having problems? Any suggestions to get the new firmware installed on my lights?

Thanks again!

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Karliefish I did a step by step in this thread, I’ll see if I can find it

Read #518 and on

I had the same issue, also make sure you are not trying to load the .zip, has to be the .tar

@ATI North America I would recommend to your engineers to update the website or whatever to include the instructions that you have to load the .tar

I’ve had multiple people ping me on firmware issues and a local reefer had the same issue when I helped them. I can confirm the light will let you select the .zip and load even though it will never take

Last edited:

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got two Stratons on friday and i'm not really satisfied. the fact that it has so little PAR can only be one defective ?!
a little over 300 PAR with the LPS / SPS Prog. 100%, at 30 cm below the water surface and a lamp height of 15 cm ..
the radion makes there with a similar program over 400 PAR !! I measured with an Apogee MQ-510!

Tageslicht.jpg Blaulicht.jpg

Last edited:

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got two Stratons on friday and i'm not really satisfied. the fact that it has so little PAR can only be one defective ?!
a little over 300 PAR with the LPS / SPS Prog. 100%, at 30 cm below the water surface and a lamp height of 15 cm ..
the radion makes there with a similar program over 400 PAR !! I measured with an Apogee MQ-510!

Tageslicht.jpg Blaulicht.jpg

Yeah, no way that’s right. Are you sure you tested it correct on the timeline? Do you have all your zones matching? Reason I ask is that photo looks very blue for the LPS/SPS setting. Can you screen shot your program

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back