Baby Frogspawn Polyp?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 13rodo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

13rodo

Lord of the Reefs
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Messages
862
Reaction score
1,247
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like something exciting is happening every night in my tank these days! I noticed this tonight. Is this a baby frogspawn polyp (hard to get a clear photo)?

DSC01555.jpeg
DSC01554.jpeg
 
Yes but they only stay that size. Growth of the large polyps occurs from splitting. Pretty cool though.
 
Last edited:
Yes but they only stay that size. Growth of the large polyps occurs from splitting. Pretty cool though.
I recently had one of the heads split too! That's why I was surprised to see the little one. I knew they split but didn't know they did this. Pretty awesome!
 
I recently had one of the heads split too! That's why I was surprised to see the little one. I knew they split but didn't know they did this. Pretty awesome!
They may not grow big like your other heads but it’s a great sign that you have a happy healthy coral!
 
Congrats on the baby polyp!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new