LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Before the shipment I only had 20lbs of:
1666743741598.png

and a blend of Instant Ocean and Coralife Marine Salt.

After the shipment i've only added a Sea Serpent Star and Anemone Frag from my LFS. Also got shrimp, crabs and snails from reefcleaners (also Florida Based.) I netted all of the critters from the bags. I'm not sure what else besides the rock the little guy could have rode in on. TBH, I'm more concerned with a reef safe/not safe ID than source.

Thanks for checking.
Cucumbers are reef safe, and that little guy is super cool.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping it's not a bristleworm as I know they're bad and have to go.
Since no one mentioned your comment above... This is false. While it's true that some people don't like them, bristleworms are good members of your clean up crew and definitely don't "have to go".

(The photo you posted is clearly not a bristleworm, but I wanted to correct your misconception for when you inevitably find them in your tank. ;) )

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since no one mentioned your comment above... This is false. While it's true that some people don't like them, bristleworms are good members of your clean up crew and definitely don't "have to go".

(The photo you posted is clearly not a bristleworm, but I wanted to correct your misconception for when you inevitably find them in your tank. ;) )
Yeah, the common "bristleworms" we get in our tanks are actually harmless/beneficial CUC members (though some people think they're unsightly, so they remove them anyway).

Also, as a note, if the cuke you have is in fact Eupentacta quinquesemita, it may eviscerate in your tank (they eviscerate seasonally from about September to November), so - as with all cucumbers - it may be a good idea to have some carbon and a water change prepped just in case. I don't know how toxic these guys are, but Eupentacta pseudoquinquesemita is only mildly toxic, so I'd guess they're not bad toxicity-wise. Eupentacta quinquesemita does not die from evisceration, but it'd take ~2-4 to recover completely from it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back