Basement Office with a View

You are going to need time to dedicate to your system if you want to be successfull.

If your going to be away you will need to setup a dosing system.

Checking when you get home is fine but we will be starting over.
Understood. I’m back Sunday.
Once the summer is over I will be home more often and better to test scheduled.

I’ll report back once home. Thank you for your patience.
 
Just tested 2 drop Sal kit at 6:30 PM: 6.0 dKH

Will test again at noon on Monday as I have in past.

On Friday at 6PM my Sal registered at 7.0
On Sunday at 6:30 my Sal registered 6.0

I assume .5 dKH usage per 24 hours. This week will be better indication
 
Pop Quiz!! :)

OK so I am going to say I should dose 6ML of each 1& 2 BUT the smart move is:

  1. Dose 3ml Part 1
  2. Wait 2 min
  3. Dose 3ml Part 2
  4. Wait 60 min and test again Alk w/ Sal's Kit
 
Pop Quiz!! :)

OK so I am going to say I should dose 6ML of each 1& 2 BUT the smart move is:

  1. Dose 3ml Part 1
  2. Wait 2 min
  3. Dose 3ml Part 2
  4. Wait 60 min and test again Alk w/ Sal's Kit
3ml and retest 1 hour.
 
12:30
Alkalinity: 7.0 dKH
Salinity: 34.9
Temp: 81.3
Ok good. You can see comsumptuon now. This will get you intune with your system over time.
Lets dose 3ml and retest in 24hrs.
We will focus on keeping it between 7-7.5.
 
I would wait a few days until you have alk set. This will give you an understanding from the beginning of how to set and control alk.
Ca and Mag can be tested for a reference if you want.
 
I'm in no rush. BTW the minor trace elements arrived today.

The only thing I have done w/ out asking was:

  • Change filter floss
  • Today w/ a turkey baster I blasted the rock work. Specifically, my zoa garden.
  • I also scraped some of the glass bottom that had some brown algae (diatoms? perhaps)
    • Since the OW-25 there has been virtually no detritus build up. Even where the base of the LR meets the glass. Wish I would have upgraded sooner.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new