OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Love the sight of my tank at night. The red glow of the H380 and the dimly lit tank from moonlights.
D6BF20D5-18A2-4609-AC28-74D37F633EDB.jpeg

OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I can't seem to get my nitrates down. Been dosing DIY NOPOX for the past 4 weeks. This week I've increased the dose from 40ml / day to 60 ml. As a result of the high nitrates I lost that beautiful favia.

OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been quite awhile since I've posted. A lot of it has been because I just can't get a good picture with my cell phone. This weekend I went digging through some old cabinets and discovered an old SLR camera so I sapped a few pics. They aren't great, but I also know nothing about photography.
IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3358.JPG
IMG_3361.JPG
IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3352.JPG
IMG_3363.JPG
IMG_3367.JPG
IMG_3368.JPG
IMG_3369.JPG
IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3371.JPG
IMG_3372.JPG
IMG_3375.JPG
IMG_3355.JPG

OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good for not knowing any thing about photography! But I don’t know anything either! lol
Ha! Thanks. I'm sure someone with a trained eye would rip these pics a new one with all their fancy photography talk - White balance, brightness, blah blah blah... :p

OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping reefs for over 20 years. Never had a mandarin because I was afraid of starving them to death. Looks at this little PORKER!!!
IMG_3481.JPG

One of my favorite "secrets" in the tank - Porcelain Crab.
IMG_3474.JPG

Baby squamosa
IMG_3470.JPG

Trachy
IMG_3485.JPG

rhodactis mushrooms
IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little bit of suspense yesterday... A buddy called and said he had a small tomini tang which was getting roughed up pretty bad in his tank by some other small tangs. He asked if I wanted it since it was facing eminent doom in his. I was very reluctant, because I already have a mimic, powder blue, regal, gem and naso tangs in my tank which have been established for almost 2 years!

I put the tomini in a fish trap and let him sit in the tank all day. No one paid him ANY attention. After the lights went out I opened the trap and released him. Luckily over night he was able to find a nice hiding spot. The mimic and the regal tangs chased him a bit for about an hour or two when the lights first came on, but I'm happy to report he is not swimming freely across the entire tank without anyone even thinking twice!

Very excited as I wanted a bristle tooth ever since I sold my kole tang for going after my diamond goby. His fins are still pretty jacked up from the abuse he took in my friends tank but getting better already...
Tomini.jpg

OP
OP
bdare

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patiently waiting for all these SPS frags to grow out
IMG_3532.JPG

Current SPS Inventory:

Walt Disney
Matt V Rainbow Envy
Vivid Confetti
Pink Floyd
Pink Lemonaide
MegaMan
TCK Blue Tabling Millie
WWC Yellow tip
Blue Stylo
FHC Kryptonic
FHC Flame Thrower
FHC Fire Berry
FHC Wet Dream
Jason Fox Sour Twist
Jason Fox Solar Flare
Orange Digi
Red Dragon
Palmers Blue Millie
PC Rainbow

There are also a couple of other un named millies which should be stunners when they grow out.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back