Best option

So if you had 200-250 to spend on lighting for a 55 gallon what would you buy?

If you can’t save up any higher, I’d go for the OceanRevive T247s or SBReefLights. Good quality LEDs on the lower price range and will grow anything.
 
A 4 foot Hydroponics HO T5. They usually come with 6500k or 10k bulbs. I would then replace two of the daylight bulbs with some True Actinics from Fluval or the cheap unbranded Chinese ones. This is about $125-130.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new